Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ralys
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't really think RDM needs Raise II, but considering that Cure IV becomes subable at 96/48, it'd be nice if our highest cure wasn't available via subjob. Nevermind the fact that WHM has Cure VI, a ton of potency gear, and Refresh/Convert if they want it. RDM is a long way from being equal to it, let alone better.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Trangnai View Post
    I personally don't see a point to cure V, rdm is a decent healer without it, and I don't see why we should become pseudo-whms fulltime again
    <true strike>. although it would be quite useful for converting...
    (0)
    ... one dangerous kitten ...
    [Ragnarok RDM75 BLM90]

Character
    Apelila
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Cure V is a nice 'oh shi...' button in the situations where a healer is needed and it would be nice if I could bring RDM instead of WHM for enfeebling.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Instead of Cure V, I'd prefer a long lasting "buff" we can put on players that would recover a percentage of damage taken based on your Enhancing Magic skill in a short period of time. Ideally, it alongside Cure IV should match a Cure V in potency in the same span of time. Enmity could still be a concern in longer fights, but that in part emphasizes the utility of -enmity gear or inviting a THF for their JAs.
    (0)

Character
    Lovehatehero
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Showmo View Post
    I would like to see Cure V added to Red Mage's spell list as well. With the level cap increase and with players now able to achieve 3,000+ HP inside of Abyssea, curing for only ~450 HP seems to fall a bit short sometimes (especially when being a solo healer).

Or just up the soft and hard caps for cures. this would help solve a lot of healing issues
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    WHMs have enough tricks up their sleeves that even if RDMs and SCHs had Cure V, WHM would still be the top-tier healer in the game.

That said, I would prefer to have Paralyze II land on anything that mattered before Cure V.
    In abyssea it wouldn't be a big deal, but outside both RDM and SCH are capable of outlasting a WHM as is. It might cause a return to the TAU days where people wanted a RDM healer because of their longevity. Those refresh atmas are bigger equalizers than most realize.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehatehero View Post
    Or just up the soft and hard caps for cures. this would help solve a lot of healing issues
    This would be an excellent idea as well. If healing magic skill also played a bigger role in the amount you cured for, it would also resolve the issue with jobs without native healing magic skill subbing mage jobs and still curing for pretty much the same amount as a Red Mage (or other mage jobs with native healing magic skill).
    (1)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Instead of a Cure V, RDMs could do to have a 'Curasa' spell: something on a moderate cooldown, 10-20 seconds or so, and heals proportionately to the percentage of HP lost on the target. RDM healing is passable at the moment, our only big weakness I could see needing filled is the need for an emergency 'big heal' button. Curaga healing can stay WHM's niche.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanluke
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I for one would like to see some multiple status enfeebles. Kind of like in FFVIII. Would save time casting 1 spell over multiple spells. Where redmage really shines is enfeebles. Or adding enfeeble effects to en-spells would be cool along with other benefits. Just seems there is something more that could come......and if its gonna be there why not emphasize on the enfeebles. Or have the duration increased in proportion to its en-spell.
    (0)

Raise II would be nice at times considering the use of RDM. Cure V like people have said is a must especially in abyssea with the amount of HP you have to cure. 5-6 cure IV and you have to start thinking about your MP and how long you can sustain a MNK tank that is taking a lot of damage. I loved the Refresh2 that made me happy also.
    I would like to see the RDM become something more then just a backup whm though even outside abyssea yes they have cure but they have a decent sword skill and the sword enchancing spells should be given a chance too..
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast