Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I'd hope to be better than someone on four rums, myself. That said, regardless of whether or not Abyssea exists right now, the point is you can't do anything about it, and the game will certainly not take a 180° turn to the quote-unquote olden days of waiting hours for a 2 hour party for 3 levels at best!

Like it or not, the state of the game is good as is, and will progress in tandem to how people have adapted to it: a faster pace.

Also I haven't slept for a full day again, does this all make sense? someone correct me if I'm not being coherent.
    (1)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Funny... So, you are a hypocrite who got bored of the game and quit before abyssea even became the norm. Congratulations. You are proof that the old leveling methods needed to be changed.
    Who said I got bored of the game? Oh, that's right - you did. In case you're wondering, the post you quoted said something more to the effect that I quit to play FFXIV. Out of curiosity, is it just me, or do you always go around attacking things that don't attack you first? Like trees? - Do you go around punching them at random?
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    I'd hope to be better than someone on four rums, myself. That said, regardless of whether or not Abyssea exists right now, the point is you can't do anything about it, and the game will certainly not take a 180° turn to the quote-unquote olden days of waiting hours for a 2 hour party for 3 levels at best!

Like it or not, the state of the game is good as is, and will progress in tandem to how people have adapted to it: a faster pace.

Also I haven't slept for a full day again, does this all make sense? someone correct me if I'm not being coherent.
    Coherent enough! What I really understand is people trying to justify their distaste for classic FFXI because they essentially got nothing accomplished because it wasn't handed to them. See: "I waited for hours and never got a party"; Well, yanno, usually you don't get much of anything handed to you. If you want it, go get it, and don't blame anyone else but you for your lack of ability in getting EXP on your THF or DRK or whatever.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ffxi+fame
    3rd result.
    That does not take a half hour.

Wiki is an excellent resource and new players should be encouraged to make use of it.
    i'm talking reading each quest in full. Through out the city. And my time posted was an adverage of reading. Not exact time.

Also, I never said it was bad. But not nessiccary either. Use it if people are busy. If someone willing to respond, no need for it.
    (0)

Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    That's hardly fair though -- in a game where getting anything worth getting *required* groups, or at least a decent leveled job beforehand (and this job usually, with decent gear, hence a conundrum), to do reliably without the aid of a group [ie RDM soloers~] meant you needed to have a party to exp, because soloing was pretty much wholly counterproductive! Not only that, save for a few jobs (BST, BLM in some occasions, PUP, SMN), not everyone could solo efficiently, either. There were just a few things that would pretty much hinder the quality of gameplay for a lot of users -- after all, this is a game, meant to be enjoyed, not meant to become a lifestyle in which everyone has to be working their behind off for the progress of one level after a few hours on their own.

I'll follow up on this when I have brain cells!
    (2)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The most hilarious thing about the claims that old-school XP was somehow morally superior to modern XP is the implication that grinding mobs in a classic party was actually objectively difficult and required you to actually be good or get better in order to progress. It took me longer to get to 75 than like anybody, but I never would call it hard. I just switched to SAM and started miraculously getting more invites.

If you think old school partying represented a test of anything other than patience/whether you had anything better to do with your life, I can only conclude you must either be pretty terrible at FFXI or have never done a remotely difficult thing, like, ever!
    (8)
    Last edited by scaevola; 08-03-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

You know what is funny. What i said is actually the truth. I never sat waiting for a party. I either solo'ed, did quests, talk to my linkshell, or formed own party. The only ones who are to blame for "waiting x hours in jeuno" are the people who "waited x hours in jeuno." There was a ton to do in game, there was no need to t in jeuno. Just out your flag up and go do stuff if forming a party wasn't your forte.

So etty much forums (outside a few) are all the noobs who cried over the game because they couldn't leech or got kicked outa there parties for leeching.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    Who said I got bored of the game? Oh, that's right - you did. In case you're wondering, the post you quoted said something more to the effect that I quit to play FFXIV. Out of curiosity, is it just me, or do you always go around attacking things that don't attack you first? Like trees? - Do you go around punching them at random?
    Oh, my bad. You quit the game because it was too awesome for you. Got it.

EDIT: I find it odd that you feel attacked, when you are essentially calling the entire group of people who play this game lazy.

You guys come in here and go "I think everyone who plays this game is lazy. Please force them to work harder for my amusement."

and then you feel attacked? interesting.
    (15)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-03-2012 at 06:03 AM.

scaevola

Well before the wiki bible days. Yes this was true. Players had to learn job AS they played. There is more to the game then mindless zerging of mobs. Players had to actually work together, time their skills right or a wipe would happen. You don't learn anything from mindlessly zerging easy pray mobs. You do learn fast when you fight a mob that can rip you apart if your not careful. Players are taking the easy safe way to level.

May I ask how heroic it is to have 18 players attack 1 easy pray mob?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchilles View Post

I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say I really wish you would stop posting since you are so narrow-minded and constantly abuse inferential logic.
    Funny thing is, even though I haven't posted for awhile I can safely say Rosina is the least narrow-minded person here when it comes to this game, especially current state. Maybe over on Cerberus it's different...but honestly? There's more narrow minded people now than there ever were in this game.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast