Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39

I miss the old, low res font.

And yes, I might be crazy.

To me, it just looked better, especially when the font was used in smaller areas like Party member names, numbers, search windows, etc.

Maybe one day we will have the option of using the old, low res font in game instead of the newer HD font? Maybe a choice to use either the old or new icons too. Give us an option, like with the chat log font? Maybe? *puppy eyes*

It sorta bugs me that we still see the old font used on the UI on certain things, like job names.

And yeah, I know the PS2 uses the old font, but I don't like PS2, due to the fact that you can only see about 5 feet ahead of you before everything is just a pixelated blur.
    (1)

Paula Deen riding a flying cat wearing sunglasses. What more do you need to know?

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

There is the Fonts section in the Textures tab of the configuration utility, where you can set the original high-performance compressed fonts to be used.

However I forget if they require a lower display resolution as well since it seems to have done naught for me, and right now, I can't go on testing more than that. If that is not what the setting means, then I'm not sure what I'm talking about! I do also seem to remember that using a resolution lower than something would actually force them being used automagically, though that as well is quote a hazy memory-print. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.