Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Good observation regarding 20 jobs and 20 macro books but these matching numbers are actually by coincidence and we never intended to have one book per job.
    We can understand that creating one book per job would make things easier to organize but we would need to continue adding them every time a new job is introduced. We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.
    1 macro book per job is is good for personal balance. It helps players keep things organized. Being forced to have multiple jobs on a single macro book would be counter productive. All the ease/convenience/speed of using macros would be lost if we have to spend time sifting through macros that arnt even for that job.

So ill have to agree. Two new jobs = 2 new macro books.
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Greetings,

Good observation regarding 20 jobs and 20 macro books but these matching numbers are actually by coincidence and we never intended to have one book per job.
    We can understand that creating one book per job would make things easier to organize but we would need to continue adding them every time a new job is introduced. We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.
    I understand the amount of macro books seem sufficient, and I agree that it is, but I use all 20 books simply because of the convenience of labeling them. I think there is only one book in which I use every set within that book, and that's summoner.

With the new user interface, would it be possible to at least add labels to individual sets? I could imagine instead of selecting the book "THF" I could select the book "Light Armor" and make a subselection of "THF" to directly jump to that set within the book.

(0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Okipuit, I found an interview between 1UP.com and Tanaka from 2008 shortly after Wings of the Goddess was released.

You've got some 'splainin ta do.

Link included for great justice.
    I suspect the answer will be something like this:

Greetings,

Please understand that the original response from Takana was not intended as a guarantee that we will be adding this kind of macro expansion in the future. This was meant to only be an example of how the macro expansion system could be enhanced to a higher level. While this does not rule out any possibility of expanding the macro system like this in the future, it was never a promise that it would be implemented.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post

Greetings,

Please understand that the original response from Takana was not intended as a guarantee that we will be adding this kind of macro expansion in the future. This was meant to only be an example of how the macro expansion system could be enhanced to a higher level. While this does not rule out any possibility of expanding the macro system like this in the future, it was never a promise that it would be implemented.
    Sounds like a used car salesman. "Oh, I didn't say it had a hemi. I said they were thinking about making a version of the Toyota tercel that comes with a hemi in it... they didn't though. Sorry, if that's the reason you bought it from me. *wink"
    (1)

Player
    Actually it reminds me more along the lines of this:

1) Square Enix Development Team offers us new features and promises

2) Player base questions the dev team about the past promises....

3)Square Enix Development Team renegs and denies their previous statement.

(2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-16-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95

Greetings,

I see what you did there.

I love how these forums are holding SE accountable for what they say. If only they would actually act the part, too.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Greetings,

lol, where have we heard that from before.

Seriously, dont get me started on SE's promises.
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.
    Aside from the fact that (in part) it doesnt matter what you feel, it matters what your player base feels, How about this?

System currently has 20 books, with 10 pages in each book. So take one page off each book. Well find a way to survive with only 9 pages.
    That gives you 20 extra pages. Make 2 more books with 9-10 pages each.
    Now we have 22 book, and the total macro number stays the same. That gives players what they are asking for. And it fits completely in with you counter argument.
    (0)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    Aside from the fact that (in part) it doesnt matter what you feel, it matters what your player base feels, How about this?
    Most of the player base doesn't care. At best, they aren't actively opposed to it, but they aren't going to lose sleep about it either way.

System currently has 20 books, with 10 pages in each book. So take one page off each book. Well find a way to survive with only 9 pages.
    Now we have 22 book, and the total macro number stays the same. That gives players what they are asking for. And it fits completely in with you counter argument.
    This suggestion on the other hand would upset some people. Anyone that uses all 10 pages on a macro gets screwed because other people need an even number of macro books solely for its own sake.

When it comes down to it, that's worse because you would be removing functionality to fix an issue that can legitimately be fixed by the handful of players that have this issue. The macro books are stored client side outside what you back up on the server. You can have as many as you want just by cut and pasting in sets of 20.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Except that would probably cause pages to move to the wrong job books... Book 1 page 10 would suddenly become Book 2 page 1, Book 2 page 10 becomes Book 3 page 2, etc... My PUP macros would end up on my WHM macro book...
    Not to mention you lose 2 entire pages.

Just have PUP and MNK take 5 pages in 1 book, and WHM and SCH take 5 pages in another, and you got room for 2 more jobs.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast