Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I only use like 5 macro books. I'd rather have more lines per macro than more macro books in total, to be honest.

2000 12-line macros > 4000 6-line macros in my opinion.

Or just the ability to call gear-only macros within macros. But SE doesn't like this idea
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Dev logic!

Going by what is in front of us. You felt that with 20 jobs 20 macro books was enough. Yet you go and add 2 more jobs and feel no more books are needed? Why did you not just make 18 macro books for 20 jobs then?
    In another thread they said they couldn't add any more macro lines due to PS2 constraints. Whether or not that's true I cannot say, but if it is, it would explain this decision as well.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    In another thread they said they couldn't add any more macro lines due to PS2 constraints. Whether or not that's true I cannot say, but if it is, it would explain this decision as well.
    SE said something very vaguely along the lines of "We think macros are perfect the way they are... ". It was strangely out of context with what was being discussed and didn't sound very official. More like the rep just wanted people to stop talking about 3rd party tools.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Given the huge numbers of players who apparently use a well known alternative macro system this is all kind of moot, except for console players of course but then if you're a serious user of macros then you'd not be playing on a platform that had such a cripplingly limited capacity for most of the game's heyday.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 08-15-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Given the huge numbers of players who apparently use a well known alternative macro system this is all kind of moot, except for console players of course but then if you're a serious user of macros then you'd not be playing on a platform that had such a cripplingly limited capacity for most of the game's heyday.
    This sort of issue may be moot to you and the other players who use third party tools, but for PC players who do not use them and for the console players who cannot, any enhancements to macros will be a godsend. While I understand that this would have no benefit to you, it is rather selfish to deny it to others, particularly with SE finding any reason they possibly can to avoid working on things like this.
    (3)

Player
    Didn't the devs say in one of the interviews at vanafest that "if we add mroe jobs we'd add more macro books?" i'm gonna go find the interview, unless anyone knows where it's from. Pretty sure it's from 2008 or 2010 vanafest Dev Panel.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It's already bad enough that you have to press up to 4 different macros to efficiently cast *ONE* spell because SE doesn't want to increase the amount of macro lines, but they won't even increase the number of macro books?

That's ridiculous. Why do they introduce so many pieces of gear that are only used in very specific situations (see elemental obis + twilight cape + basically anything that SCH wears) if they aren't going to allow us enough space to make macros to use them?
    (2)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Some of us are not willing to pay hundreds of dollars to perform a tad bit better on a video game. I would love to be able to swap on all my weaponskill gear without the stupid game messing it up and not locking on 1-2 pieces of gear often. Sometimes I feel like SE wants us to be gimp.
    (0)

Not implementing features in a game because unauthorized third party applications can do it is a pretty bad idea. It would be best if most desirable features were already in the game, so that it would give users fewer reasons to switch to third party programs.

Maybe if the unmodified client offered increased draw distance, 20 lines per macro, timers for status effects, timestamped chat logs and recast timers for spells and abilities, fewer people would bother with things like windower.

I mean I definitely don't use third party apps, but if I did, and if the game started offering these things right out of the box, I would probably stop using them.

Hopefully, all of these things will be added in the new UI they're planning.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Good observation regarding 20 jobs and 20 macro books but these matching numbers are actually by coincidence and we never intended to have one book per job.
    We can understand that creating one book per job would make things easier to organize but we would need to continue adding them every time a new job is introduced. We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.

Okipuit, I found an interview between 1UP.com and Tanaka from 2008 shortly after Wings of the Goddess was released.

There are 20 macro books and 20 jobs. Are there any plans to add more jobs? IGN
    Tanaka: They have some ideas for new jobs, but only time will tell If they get added. If they add new jobs they will simply add new macro books.

You've got some 'splainin ta do.

Link included for great justice.
    (6)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-16-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast