Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post
    Now if we look at Perfect Defense and what they could do with it. At the moment it starts off with around -90~95% Damage Taken and Resistance to most stats, decaying after 45 seconds or half duration. If they reduced potency to start at say, -75% Damage Taken, it would still be fairly decent, and not completely overpowered for the 30 minute recast on Astral Flow. You would require more healing power, but either way, thats likely to be needed anyway. imo, nerfing the duration would have a much worse effect on it.
    And this would worsen the problem of perfect defense being required. The only way I can see ADL being changed in case of nerf would be to make ADL about as strong as DL with a 10% droprate on marrow instead. To compensate they would need to ease the process of farming pop set.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikom View Post
    OK SE Nerfing PD and Embrava, honestly i think they just looking a good excuse to do thia and player already give it now
    complaining about the recast time on new 2 hours being shared.....
    if se do this please nerf legion .... an event where you need PD and embrava to max and where you can still fail if ppl do mistakes.

i dont see really useful reducing the recast timer for SP abilities, when ppl use thier 2 hours? abyssea ? einherjar? limbus? campaing battle? dynamis? basicaly the most of events are too short and dont need to reuse SP abilities and iff you need it like legion take 1-2 cors to wild card ppl

i'd like to know ppl thought about PD and embrava Nefr, dont let SE nerf those 2 abilities, sch and smn are useful now.... they were the most unwanted jobs
    They didn't need an excuse, the perfect excuse was compared to other jobs SCH's and SMN's 2-hour was OP.

At 30 minutes recast (lower with Synergy) they'll be used far more often.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Honestly I don't expect them to nerf them from hard. The *new* producer has directed his folks to actually listen to players, meaning if we state that current content can't be completed without those power levels then they'll think about that. I would rather Embrava / PD be nerfed a little bit while having current content also nerfed to coincide. Things SHOULD NOT need Embrava / PD to win, they should be emergency or luxury strategies not the ONLY strategy.

Jesus look at Legion and to a lesser extent ADL. We abuse the hell out of Embrava / PD because of how stupidly powerful those NMs are offensively (ADL is a defensive weakling). Since level 75 NM's offensive power has grown by at least 300%, our HP has only gone up slightly and our defensive power has only grown ~50% (not counting Embrava / PD spam). This combined with the crap enmity system puts players in a situation where it's either use PD / Embrava or die.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This is good news. Even if all they did was separate the timers it would change most of the new "2hrs" from being meh to actually used.

As for Perfect Defense and Embrava, instead of nerfing them, the content that basically requires them to win should be adjusted. That way people would only use them as a luxury or a safety net and people wouldn't care too much if the SP's power was lowered.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    This is good news. Even if all they did was separate the timers it would change most of the new "2hrs" from being meh to actually used.

As for Perfect Defense and Embrava, instead of nerfing them, the content that basically requires them to win should be adjusted. That way people would only use them as a luxury or a safety net and people wouldn't care too much if the SP's power was lowered.
    No, they definitely need to be nerfed, but care should be taken not to overdo it. Perpetuance'd Embrava not affecting others for double duration, for example.
    Embrava should be usefull, but not THE ultimate failproof weapon to defeat a strong foe.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    You're still being illogical. The only 30min+ event that exists currently and doesn't have either constant 2hr resets or a ??? to lock your 2 hour on is dynamis currency farming and I will admit a dynamis with ~50 minutes of embrava would be nice and yield more currency but it's far from "SEVERELY BROKEN!!". I would be more worried about beastmasters with full time familiar in dynamis though =P. All other events would be unaffected.
    fyi for the uninformed... Beastmasters already have full time familiar for Dynamis. YOu pop it once and the effect stays for the duration of the pet on a jug pet. +10% pet hp (nice but no big deal) and +10% haste from monster trousers +2, which is very nice, but for an experienced bst, this jsut means I have to fight DC's and not EP's to farm because my pet KIll's them too fast and proc rate goes way down.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    fyi for the uninformed... Beastmasters already have full time familiar for Dynamis. YOu pop it once and the effect stays for the duration of the pet on a jug pet. +10% pet hp (nice but no big deal) and +10% haste from monster trousers +2, which is very nice, but for an experienced bst, this jsut means I have to fight DC's and not EP's to farm because my pet KIll's them too fast and proc rate goes way down.
    Unless they changed it your familiared jug depops after 30mins so while your statement is not incorrect it certainly is not the full jug duration. (though I have not really played bst since the 90 cap so it's possible)
    (0)
    Last edited by Mittenz; 09-06-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Disagree completely. Both Embrava and Perfect Defence is SEVERELY OP on 30 minutes, especially compared to EVERY other 2-hour in the game. Just because a way exists to abuse 2-hour reset doesn't change that.
    However... if those abilities are nerfed then you've just killed neo-nyzul, and the ability to kill arch dynamis lord.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisotte View Post
    However... if those abilities are nerfed then you've just killed neo-nyzul, and the ability to kill arch dynamis lord.
    Honestly get some RDMs for CSS, keep the SMNs for nerfed-PD & ShockS, and everything else you have normally, and I see ADL as still possible. NNI is fucked though, that I agree with. Either way I don't like the idea of them nerfing the abilities, nor do I want them to, they are what I have always though a 2-hour, or SP ability, should be. A powerful ability that makes an impact on a battle when used.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think I said this before but the biggest problem is the unstunnable tandem volley of TP moves ADL and his clone(s) unleash after splitting. It's not really easy to live through that on a mage job. If you make it through that and dedicate one sch per ADL to stun TP moves and keep a shock squall order up you will maybe have a decent chance of winning but low manning it with mules and such will be out of he question.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast