Thread: So... Mumor...

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    I guess she hit puberty? How many more Summer Fests 'til she's legal?
    Well, since FFXI is a Japanese game, she's probably already legal.

Just like Prishe and Lilisette.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Well, since FFXI is a Japanese game, she's probably already legal.

Just like Prishe and Lilisette.
    Prishe though is well past legal, she's technically a gilf for all intents and purposes.
    (4)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Blubb!

Hrhr... Let's see if there's still a thread to post in after I'm finished writing... (Hurray, it was, but will it remain!?)

Note that only the first part is about the behaviour of users in general, the latter is actually related to the topic(s). I hope I wrote it in a way that there is nothing one feels the need to respond to (the first part, that is), as I don't intend to further prolong that 'discussion'.

I just wish everyone could get along, but that is not life, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the "lalalala, I can't hear you, lalalala" approach you're suggesting is not particularly mature.
    Thing is, on the internet, the other part often doesn't listen either, be it intentional or not. ^^;

That is to say, Rosina, there is no need to reply to this but, do you still not see that it simply does not work explaining things or asking people to stop? It doesn't really matter who started it, but each and every one of you are keeping it going, and I see no happy ending for it.

I understand your want to explain yourself, but you really shouldn't feel like you have to explain yourself. I have said this before, as many others have including yourself: ignore the posts you don't like, and if you feel insulted, report them. Talking to them simply does not work, and give only fuel to the fire. It should be much easier and relaxing on you as well, as I doubt you enjoy this kind of 'discussion'.

Try not to take insults on the internet so seriously. I'd simply laugh at insults towards me (not that insulting anyone is funny, but you know what I mean, I'm sure). ^^;

In short, I do not think you will ever able to 'win this war' by explaining yourself, or claiming you did not start anything. It doesn't even matter who did, and they will not care for your explanations nor reasons, it would seem.

I do think that you will either need to learn to ignore the 'insults' by using the ignore function of the forum, or simply 'mentally ignoring' them by not replying to them at all, and not taking their comments to heart.

If you really feel insulted still, I can't imagine your stay to be a pleasant one. :/

OK, just wanted to 'chime in' on that as one of the users who actually welcome Rosina to the community as a part of it, instead of trying to get rid of anyone here. I don't understand why people have to be so edgy against other users anywhere. Only reason I can understand it, is that they find it enjoyable to bash, insult, or otherwise behave in the manner they do.

But that is, as they say that. I mean, my opinion, and I also think anyone should do whatever they want to do, so get to it! Or don't... you know, what ever! Be happy, leave the pessimism to me~

\ö/

What comes to guides that are found from website like the wikis, I also like to find out things myself, instead of relying on other people, but when it comes to something like FFXI, with many things, it is simply a great time-saver to check what item you need for a quest for example, as it can take a lot of time to just walk to the start of the quest, only to find out you need to go all the way back again.

Many people simply don't have the time to waste, or they don't enjoy finding things out by themselves like some do, or/and they just want the prizes, where the guides help a lot, no doubt. I certainly didn't use the wiki much, if at all in the beginning of my FFXI days, but after I learned how ambiguous the quest descriptions can be, and that they never update during the quest, it became quite tedious for some quests not to take a look. After some time, I started making them better (hopefully), and uploading many images of monsters, and so on.

I have been editing the FFXIclopedia and Gamer Escape quite a bit, but lately I have not had lots of motivation nor time, which it takes a lot. I often wrote guides for events, even if it was more or less the same, but it takes time, and effort, and this is why they are out-dated. Anyone and everyone can edit them, though, which is both a good and a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    If they really wanted to do something... cool?... with Mumor they could take the tokusatsu bit a step further and actually have us participate in the show. Have it be an actual battle where we get to ham it up with emotes and calling our attacks. Not...not that I actually want to do things like that... /blush

Anyway the point would shift from cheering on Mumor to playing the role of an ally of hers to appease a crowd of NPCs.
    Yeah, it's not that I exactly like to be dancing against a foe, or that I would like about cutesy things like the magical-girl stuff this is all about, but it would be great if the event was more like that.

In the end, basically all of these events are rather simple though, and obviously restricted by <cough> platform(s), so I never really expected more from them. It is what it is, and I still appreciate the effort of the people who created it, though I still do think it could be better.

Then again, a lot of things could be better...
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-03-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Add small note to the beginning.
    ...or so the legend says.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to remind everyone to please refrain from making inflammatory comments towards others and off topic discussions. Such language and actions are considered a violation of the forum guidelines, and can result in the termination of your account.

Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to make inflammatory comments towards other members that have opposing or different points of views or opinions. The same goes for those who feel the need to defend themselves against such comments, which is needless and futile. Such behavior is not constructive and only clutters the thread. If you have a problem with a post, please place the player on your ignore list and report the post if necessary.

Thank you.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Qeepel View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to remind everyone to please refrain from making inflammatory comments towards others and off topic discussions. Such language and actions are considered a violation of the forum guidelines, and can result in the termination of your account.

Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to make inflammatory comments towards other members that have opposing or different points of views or opinions. The same goes for those who feel the need to defend themselves against such comments, which is needless and futile. Such behavior is not constructive and only clutters the thread. If you have a problem with a post, please place the player on your ignore list and report the post if necessary.

Thank you.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    People make it so hard to hold back, though, and are so easily offended by things that aren't meant to be inflammatory

Not that I hold it against you, you guys have a rough job <3
    (4)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    If you didn't bring the subject up, how do we even know that you have ADD in the first place?

Going to assume "reskill" is supposed to be reskin. Do you even know what reskin means? I think not.
    es I do know what reskin means, I was a graphic arts student. Are YOU sure you know what reskin means?

Reskin is taking the SAME design, and changing its color.
    Case in point, the yukata are reskined. They are the same basic style just different colors. Each bikini is a completely different style. They also have different statesa/ enchanements. The +1 on the new one is good for starter mages.
    (0)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I <3 Sunbreeze! And I <3 the dancing game! FYI I'm the crazy Mithra running around Bismarck in replica Mumor and Uka costumes I've pieced together from various equipment. :3 Shinning Summer Samba!
    (0)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 08-10-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Mumor = Charis tiara (+1, +2), Black bathingsuit Top (+1), Gemini Subligar, Etoile toe shoes (+1, +2), Charm wand (+1) and/or Miracle (+1) [Mumor uses 2 heart wands for Fireday Night Fever]

Uka = Jester's hat, Charis casaque (+1, +2), Charis tights (+1, +2), Hands idk, weapon Owleyes not equipable by dancer.

Other outfits:

Blue bathingsuit (+1) and Glory Crown, Blue ribbon alternate

Red bathingsuit (+1) and Opo-opo crown, any red ribbon alternate

Himegami yukata, Decennial tiara (+1)

The female Taru dancers: Lilac/Gala/Wedding Corsage, Omina/Lady's/Onago/Onnagimi yukata

And for the men:

The male Taru dancers: Blue Ribbon, Onoko/Lord's/Otoko/Otokogimi yukata
    (0)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 08-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9