Thread: BST nerf please

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Trolls aside, if you really want to get rid of "bandwagon-BSTs"
    Gain monopoly over the strongest jugs and crank up those prices on the AH via a crafting mule.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think what people really need to do is accept that they can't lay sole claim to Dynamis zones anymore, and that there is going to be competition for mobs at times. People need to drop this sense of entitlement and quit thinking that whatever lies before them belongs to them.
    (1)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I moved away from talking about Dynamis at all for that reason and instead focused on the reason the entire thread seems to have been presented. The idea originally seemed to be about a naked leeched BST still being somewhat powerful. Many people have said in here they geared BST and have no want for a nerf, but thats the thing, they geared it, those who do not should be weak and worthless, not strong enough to solo anything outside of stupidly weak mobs. As I said before, a lv99 any job with 0 skill, who has never fought, will have no chance against anything really. BST however is different, the same conditions onto it but with the addition of a single jug and a few items for reward and you can fight.

People keep coming back here and talking about how their geared BST shouldn't be nerfed, how it should be stronger if anything, but they are not getting the point. My target is not all BST, simply gimped BSTs, those who care nothing about their gear, or their skill, simply letting the pet whos already strong by itself do all of the work instead. Complain at me that I'm wrong, tell me I'm stupid, do whatever, I honestly don't care anymore because its just getting on my nerves. A simply way to say it is that your misunderstanding what I'm saying, and so I'm just going to leave it alone. Natenn is seeming to say much the same I am, so I suppose I'm a troll, cool, guess thats what I get for asking for balance & attempting to explain my opinion.
    Career bsts are chiming in and jumping on your back because they recognize that there is no way to fix the issue you seem to have without stomping on the job as a whole. There are three ways to adjust the the strength of the pet:

1. Weaken all the attributes and lower the hp of the pet across the board. That screws every bst.

2. Make the strength of the pet dependent on skill on a job that has not previously had such a system. There are two choices for SE here, because they are not going to apply a "fix" differentially based how long a player has had bst 99 or whether they have good gear. SE doesn't have time to do that and it's a waste of monetary resources They can either give every bst skill based on their level or they can make everyone grind up from zero. First case scenario doesn't solve your "problem". The second scenario screws every bst because they have to grind up skill from zero.

3. Make the strength of jug pet gear dependent. Guess what? There's no system in place based on this premise atm. SE either has to give each player who leveled bst the gear (unlikely) or make every bst gather the gear (ding!). Guess what? You see where this going...it screws every bst. Everyone has to work to bring their pets up to a certain level of performance, whether they were "gimp" or not.

There's no way to to fix the balance problem you see without making every bst suffer.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 07-26-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    exactly, idc what geared career bsts do but bandwagon gimps crutching on an OP pet is fail.
    Man the fumes of your trollness are just getting me high dude....
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    exactly, idk what geared career bsts do but bandwagon gimps crutching on an OP pet is fail.
    Fixed that for you. You have ZERO idea what you're talking about. You don't know what BSTs do, you don't know how the job works. Some BST in white or pink gear (you did know BST can wear Aurore too right? No? Figures) kept you from doing something you felt entitled to do, and now you want to take us all out back and beat us with a nerf bat.
    (2)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I think what people really need to do is accept that they can't lay sole claim to Dynamis zones anymore, and that there is going to be competition for mobs at times. People need to drop this sense of entitlement and quit thinking that whatever lies before them belongs to them.
    Now you're starting to sound like a real HNMer
    (0)

bottom line is BST is a skillless job, all jobs should require gear and skill, current BSTs need only call a pet and reward spam, 2 things which is pretty derp. All im asking for is for BST to be nerfed to the point where cant do much by slobbing it up with fail gear and just throw money at NMs and stuff. Every job should have to be worked on, if you are a BST99 and actually leveled it/geared it as your pride then my beefs not with you. Its the gimp bandwagon BSTs that need to be knocked down a few pegs.
    I take offense to basically everything you say in this thread. BTW, any job can be played in the manner you speak with very little skill, its just in different ways. I'm sure it takes tons of skill to spam WS macros as a DD while a whm bot cure bombs you. Just tons if skill involved there, right?
    (3)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    exactly, idc what geared career bsts do but bandwagon gimps crutching on an OP pet is fail.
    I regularly strip hate from my pet, in and outside Abyssea. Of course, I know how to build a tp set based on 25% (26%) haste, double and triple attack, and attack+, and actually eat meat. I focus on dding and use snarl to make my pet the meat shield or evasion tank. I use aoe pet tp moves on links to force mobs to hit my pet instead of me. I focus on tping and hitting ruinator, because even though pets have high damage melee hits, most ready moves are just laughable in terms of damage.

I act as dd and healer, my pet acts as the tank. I don't know what other people do, but that's how i do things. This is, of course, on mobs that don't do dangerous tp moves. On those mobs, I switch to a complete full pet haste and pdt- set and focus on keeping the pet alive at all costs.

There's a lot more to bst than using call beast, attack and reward.
    (5)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 07-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Player
    But your not the target of the nerf being asked for, we do not want BSTs who work at it to be nerfed, can you not understand that?
    (0)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    But your not the target of the nerf being asked for, we do not want BSTs who work at it to be nerfed, can you not understand that?
    There is no way to implement what you're asking for without hitting career bsts or punishing ppl who haven't even leveled the job. Why can't you understand that? I wrote a whole post about this morning.
    (2)

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast