Thread: BST nerf please

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

BST nerf please

Kinda unfair BST pets are mindlessly overpowered nowadays don't you agree? I mean you just be naked sit back and spam reward and solo grand wyrms w/o having to put effort into learning the job or actually spend time gearing it. Not saying make it to where BST use to be (useless at 75 just about) but you shouldn't be able to solo with a job 95% of the player base leeched up via FC partys and not put any time into learning or gearing it. Just a thought, its pretty disheartening seeing poorly geared or naked beastmasters being able to solo things like vrtra which is glitched as is since the undead vrtra summons will not attack the pets. DEVs should make it so BSTs have to work on learning the job and have to put time into gearing it.
    (9)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Wah! BST can kill Easy Prey really well, Wah!

They'll be Over Powered when they can kill content higher than level 75, bar Abyssea, easily.
    (14)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    wow hateing on bst more? you realy need to get a life bst are solo players so get over it.
    (7)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is a broken record. It's been said time and time again that the pets have to be overpowered because it's a solo job. Do you make sure to invite a BST for all of your endgame events?

Are you always hard-pressed to ask one to join your Legion, your Voidwatch, your Neo-Nyzul and anything else? Even in some events where they dominate; the pets can handle alot but are not invincible if things go wrong.
    (19)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You already leveled it to 99. If it's so overpowered get off your <Rear> and take advantage of it. Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do as opposed to asking for nerfs?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    You already leveled it to 99. If it's so overpowered get off your <Rear> and take advantage of it. Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do as opposed to asking for nerfs?
    I don't like BST. I leveled it solo to 27 years back, I didn't like it. I soloed it to 40 a few months back, still didn't like it so I leached it. I don't like BST in the 90s, its lv96 for that reason and probably isn't going to 99 till I finish Maat's cap. Only thing I think needs nerfed for BST is its abilities in Dyna, for instance, 3~5 mobs should always = death, not = easy.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I don't like BST. I leveled it solo to 27 years back, I didn't like it.
    There are many very powerful jobs I don't or wouldn't enjoy, but I'm not complaining about their power.

I soloed it to 40 a few months back, still didn't like it so I leached it. I don't like BST in the 90s, its lv96 for that reason and probably isn't going to 99 till I finish Maat's cap. Only thing I think needs nerfed for BST is its abilities in Dyna, for instance, 3~5 mobs should always = death, not = easy.
    While I have no illusions that I'm uber at it, I've put quite a bit of work into my BST. I've built decent Pet Defense, Call Beast, Reward, WS, and TP sets and maintain a good supply of various pets and healing items. I've merited it well including Axe Skill and Ruinator. So tell me, why should I suffer a nerf? Why should my effort be negated? Because I can solo a group of mobs? Well whoop de do. It's not like we're the only ones who can. Due to my own carelessness I've had to deal with groups of mobs on other jobs as well and come out alive, and there are people out there who can do that better than me.

Look if you feel like your favorite job is somehow inadequate then ask for some sort of buff. I'll be right there with you. You want to take away something of mine just to make yourself feel better? Well screw you, buddy.
    (14)

Player
    I have been asking for buffs to RDM for awhile, as have many people... yeah, no luck yet, sorry. In any case my main thing with BST comes from people who play it normally tend to be assholes so far as Dynamis goes which admittedly is about the only place I truly encounter them, as I said, only place I would ask them to be nerfed. Please don't think my statement about BST goes anywhere outside of Dyna, because thats the only place I really care at all.

The main reason for my previous post was because of the reason you said it was at 99, and they should use it. Just because you have it to 99 doesn't mean you like it, have it geared, or even enjoy it in the least bit. I have to level BST and SMN for the best CDC head for RDM, Maat's Cap, I don't like the jobs, and they would be level 1 probably, but I have not alot of choices here so I leveled it, just doesn't mean I will actually play it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 07-24-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I have been asking for buffs to RDM for awhile, as have many people... yeah, no luck yet, sorry. In any case my main thing with BST comes from people who play it normally tend to be assholes so far as Dynamis goes which admittedly is about the only place I truly encounter them, as I said, only place I would ask them to be nerfed. Please don't think my statement about BST goes anywhere outside of Dyna, because thats the only place I really care at all.
    How would this be accomplished where it only affects Dynamis and only affects BSTs? Would you put some sort of Pathos in Dynamis that only affects pets? Of course then you ensnare any SMN, PUP, or DRG that decides to enter. Would you buff the enemies? Well then that's going to hurt everyone. Do you change the way procs work so that yellow mobs can't be proc'd or multiple mobs can't be proc'd?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    How would this be accomplished where it only affects Dynamis and only affects BSTs? Would you put some sort of Pathos in Dynamis that only affects pets? Of course then you ensnare any SMN, PUP, or DRG that decides to enter. Would you buff the enemies? Well then that's going to hurt everyone. Do you change the way procs work so that yellow mobs can't be proc'd or multiple mobs can't be proc'd?
    Hmm~... not sure exactly, honestly a reduction in pet HP while in Dyna or making mobs focus on the player rather than the pet when not being attacked would probably do it. BST imo is the overpowered pet job and probably always will be, of them all its the easiest job there is. The fact it rules Dynamis is actually because of this exact reason. BST takes no skilling up for your pet to be effective(SMN/PUP/DRG), takes no gear to give them high stats(SMN/PUP), but either way, some nerf in Dyna would be nice, what to do exactly idk.
    (0)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast