Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Weren't we promised the ability to access Storage from anywhere a long time ago?
    (3)

Greetings!

Director Yoji Fujito answered some questions related to Mog Houses that I would like to share with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello.

Japan has been very cold lately, but how is everybody doing?

Previously, we responded about this here, but I thought it would be best if I addressed the technical aspect.

Can this be considered a spec limitation?
    I understand that nothing can be placed between the door and the moogle, but it seems that there are 2 spaces available on the green part of the carpet.
    It looks like there is space, but it is not possible to place anything. Also, the carpet would get ruined!

I think it would be great if players could set the location of the moogle. On a 1x1 space, for example.
    I tried messing around with this and…

It moved the location of the moogle in the Mog House of all players!

Mog Houses have really special specs…
    This will be very difficult to make happen.

Mannequins are very big and take up a lot of space.
    Could they be 1x1 or 2x2? (´・ω・`)
    If this could be reviewed, furniture could be placed a lot more freely.
    Mannequins are special furniture items, so we will have to look into this.
    If all we have to do is adjust the data, we will look into implementing this.

It would be great if I could use another Mog House by paying for an additional character. (Thinking about my request realistically, I understand if mog satchels and mog sacks can’t be used, but I would greatly appreciate being able to store my things in a second Mog House.)

Different from a mule, the user would be able to visit the second Mog House in person, so there would be no need to place a character there.

Also, there would probably have to be some restrictions, such as only having access from the home country and not being able to use the delivery box, since there is no moogle.
    Ignoring the enormous costs, it would be possible to implement secondary Mog Houses.
    It would be great if we could have all kinds of vacation homes.

How about a basement or a second floor? This would not be a forced expansion, but rather additions of rooms in spaces that already exist. They could even be considered separate areas. I would like to know whether it is possible to utilize existing space as expanded storage.
    I think it would be possible to add a second floor dedicated to furniture. First place a ladder (2x2) and stairs (2x4) as flag furniture, then add “go to second floor” in the Mog House menu. For the internal processing, treat this as a warp to a different area. Because the moogle is on the first floor, it would not be possible to use the Mog House menu on the second floor. Basically the second floor would only be a storage space for furniture. There doesn’t have to be any animation for the stairs, but of course that would be appreciated. These are only my wishes, but I like to dream. (*´ω`*)
    I see that these are suggestions based on our current specs.
    Again ignoring the huge costs, this is definitely possible. If we were to do something, this would be our plan.

……but of course, this as well would be very difficult to make happen.

I would like Mog Houses to be open to others, even if the owner is not present. Of course black list functions and ON/OFF toggles would be necessary, but it would be great if there were some kind of counter, such as “xx visitors came today, kupo!” If this is possible, please look into this!
    I understand very well where you are coming from, but this is not possible in the current state of FFXI. The reason that Mog House invitations are possible is because that user is online. Since the items placed in a user’s Mog House is stored as that user’s item data, that user must be logged in for the items to be visible.

That’s too bad that moghouses cannot be expanded. On a separate note, would it be possible to save various layouts similarly to macros? I’m sure we all have our favorite layouts, but sometimes a change is necessary. In this case, it would be great if layouts can be saved so that we don’t have to go through the trouble of laying out our items again. (´ー`)
    Disregarding the costs and implementation methods, this idea is probably possible.

As such, a majority of the adjustments are not possible due to cost issues. But there is a saying “never say never,” so there is a possibility that plans will change (for example with the development of expansion content).

With that said, we very much appreciate hearing all of your “wish lists.”
    Please continue to submit feedback.
    (11)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    So PS2 limitations = cost issues now? Aren't you guys creating an entirely new expansion, or is the expansion going to be limited by cost issues as well? I thought this was SE's most profitable game. I wonder where all the money has gone :O *cough*14*cough*.
    (8)
    Last edited by Helel; 12-13-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There will always be cheap players, but if cost is the issue on installing another mog sack type storage unit then I'm sure a lot of folks would gladly pay 20 bucks or so for it kinda like how the security token worked. Do a poll, that way people can't moan as much when you ask them to pay. If its pay or nothing, ill take pay. We won't ban you for RMT :-)
    (2)

Character
    Siondra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can understand cost issue. You have to pay people to code everything and then implement it. That can take a lot of man hours to get fully up and running for something that isn't vital to the rest of the game.
    Don't get me wrong i would LOVE mog house additions but in the grand scheme of things it's low on the totem pole It's simple not cost effective to funnel resources to this when those same resources can be spent on fixing fundamental issues such as enmity, enfeebling, and other qausi-broken content.
    Thank you for at least saying that these things are possible. It means that you all may look into it and give us a surprise
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Can we allow our moogles to sit down now and then? Their wings must get really tired!
    (1)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Not sure how tough this would be technically, but I've always wanted to test my macros and skillchains from the comfort of my Moghouse. I've never really saw the point in going through all the trouble to obtain a Mannequin for simply looking at the thing, so I figured if these mannequins could be retrofitted into something useful, I would love to have "Battle test Mannequins".

Mog house Battle Test Mannequins:

These would allow players the following options without having to leave ones' Moghouse:
    • Testing weaponskill damage
    • Testing battle related macros for mistakes. Allowing the best opportunity to fix any problems before actual battles.
    • Testing self made Skillchains. Players can practice timing and the chance to better understand skillchains.
    • Testing Offensive Job abilities
    And lastly it would be fun to invite friends over to join in the fun of beating up something inside your moghouse while bored.
    (4)

Character
    Pootersmash
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    "Cost" in game development doesn't usually mean money. When something is "expensive" or "costs a lot" it means it uses a large amount of resources in the game engine. In this case, I read it as requiring a large amount of recoding, and reworking how the system works though.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3