Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Regards: [dev1130]

"The guard and parry skills will be adjusted so that they may level up even if the skills do not activate when players are attacked."

I think this is a giant slap in the face to the people who skilled this. That is what made them better. It's like handing out Empy weapons because people are too lazy to get it themselves. Leave them the way they are.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafien View Post
    "The guard and parry skills will be adjusted so that they may level up even if the skills do not activate when players are attacked."

I think this is a giant slap in the face to the people who skilled this. That is what made them better. It's like handing out Empy weapons because people are too lazy to get it themselves. Leave them the way they are.
    Sorry you leveled those skills, bitter much?
    (20)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    What absolute nonsense.

How egotistical must one be to think they're better for leveling pointless skills that rarely activate on anything above easy prey.
    (13)

Player
    Wait, making skills that have been a pain in the ass to skill for years easier to skill is a bad thing especially when they are barley useful in the 1st place?
    (11)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Your thread is a giant slap in the face to all the people who were smart enough to not worry about those skills. I'm glad they are changing this.
    (11)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    One of these days I'm going to make a greasemonkey script that automatically hides posts containing the phrase, "slap in the face", or at least changes the text to "BEEP BEEP I'M A JEEP" or something that's halfway amusing for me to read.
    (8)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    One of these days I'm going to make a greasemonkey script that automatically hides posts containing the phrase, "slap in the face", or at least changes the text to "BEEP BEEP I'M A JEEP" or something that's halfway amusing for me to read.
    I would pay for the code to that plug in. I have a few tech forums I would like to apply it to as well.
    (4)

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This has been needed for years. Sorry you leveled them before but that doesn't mean everyone else should suffer to level them up.
    (6)

Player

Just because you had to do something that was about as fun as watching paint dry does not validate for everyone else to do that too.

While I can understand your frustration in regards to guard and parry skills, I cannot condone your selfishness. It's people like you who hold this game back.

Guard and Parry skill ups were truly evil. I, for one, am glad they changed them. Stop being offended and be glad they addressed a faulty system.
    (6)

Player
    I'm the dozenth person to say the same thing, I guess, but I have this weird feeling that lots of people need to say something or the Development Bros will succumb to their very-much-requited love for bad ideas and take it to heart.

Most people who cap Parrying or Guard under the current system accept that they are undertaking something that will require a large amount of time for something that provides a very small benefit or no benefit at all. Even putting up Phalanx and fighting ALL THE MANDRAGORA, with the current system, has a terrible cost/benefit ratio.

Comically enough, Guard skill is both less useful and more difficult to increase compared to Parrying, furthering the bizarreness of the cost/benefit ratios for capping these skills.

Something that doesn't make sense any sense at all at present is being made to make more sense. Your "achievement" is a blue number that has never been of palpable assistance. Stop complaining.
    (5)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 07-19-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast