Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobetheking View Post
    Lol you don't need a bard or Cor to get an exp party to level. I would imagine more people would play support and tank jobs if there was an option other than abyssea experience. There a tons of people who have tanks and support jobs. you just see them on DD jobs more often because of how the system works nowadays. I don't see anything about force warping people in here though. I would imagine that the auto finder bulls is talking about selects people that have qued up as the role they want to play and then when the party is full it warps them to a location they want to level. that's my guess. similar to the newer MMOs out now if you've played any.
    You're mistaken unfortunately my friend. As if you recall, At level 75+, Tank jobs became completely useless in exp parties, Even 6 mans, So while it might help at lower levels, Once you hit 75, You would hit a stone-wall.

If it wasn't for alliance Exp, Most tank jobs, and the ones i named above, Would probably have a very very hard time leveling up. Back when 6 man was king, If you didn't have "Desirable" jobs, You rarely ever found a party. Its sad really. Alliance exp actually helped those jobs get a spot, Since it was less restrictive
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You're mistaken unfortunately my friend. As if you recall, At level 75+, Tank jobs became completely useless in exp parties, Even 6 mans, So while it might help at lower levels, Once you hit 75, You would hit a stone-wall.

If it wasn't for alliance Exp, Most tank jobs, and the ones i named above, Would probably have a very very hard time leveling up. Back when 6 man was king, If you didn't have "Desirable" jobs, You rarely ever found a party. Its sad really. Alliance exp actually helped those jobs get a spot, Since it was less restrictive
    I don't recall using tanks after 60 ish really. Generally people would just sub nin and bounce hate until 75, then everyone goes balls out and the red spams cures.
    (2)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Is it just my imagination or is the recent flux of people reactivating a giant group of bawwing nooblets? I've been seeing a lot of people in the game who are shunning alliance exp, cleaves, and abyssea in-general. It's almost like they want to stay forever-gimped. Ironically, these have all been people who never did endgame or understand it.
    (7)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To the OP, if you like the idea of 6 persons party, please do go make it your self and find others who also yearn for similar thing. You NEED to realize that 6 persons party options is ENTIRELY viable and never EVER goes away. It has been beef up to oblivion with bonus xp via GoV and exp ring as well so 600-1000k exp per kill is not unreasonable. BUT PLEASE, please leave the rest of us alone who rather do alliance xp style. There is a big reasons why people go for alliance style, and every other posters here already explained it to you. So go for nostalgia if you want, find others with similar needs, but leave this "rose colored glasses" idea, most of us do not want to go back nor do we care to have it back.
    (7)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

I think bobe means that if the exp per kill is raised for 6 man experience point parties to where you can enjoy the fight and get Idk lets say 2-3k a kill you wouldn't need a set up like the old school 75 merit parties.
    (0)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Is it just my imagination or is the recent flux of people reactivating a giant group of bawwing nooblets? I've been seeing a lot of people in the game who are shunning alliance exp, cleaves, and abyssea in-general. It's almost like they want to stay forever-gimped. Ironically, these have all been people who never did endgame or understand it.
    you shouldn't be so quick to judge someone based on what they enjoy and want, some people do enjoy things you don't just like people enjoy things I don't.

with that being said everyone wants to get something for free without doing the work needed. that is why people like the "going afk while leveling".

I know tons of people who did end game at 75 and don't like the alliance parties. It's just based on opinion and play style...
    (0)
    Last edited by Bulls; 07-14-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    To the OP, if you like the idea of 6 persons party, please do go make it your self and find others who also yearn for similar thing. You NEED to realize that 6 persons party options is ENTIRELY viable and never EVER goes away. It has been beef up to oblivion with bonus xp via GoV and exp ring as well so 600-1000k exp per kill is not unreasonable. BUT PLEASE, please leave the rest of us alone who rather do alliance xp style. There is a big reasons why people go for alliance style, and every other posters here already explained it to you. So go for nostalgia if you want, find others with similar needs, but leave this "rose colored glasses" idea, most of us do not want to go back nor do we care to have it back.
    yes 6 man parties are there but how can we do 6 man parties when the majority does alliance due to better exp gain?

and my Idea doesn't consist of going back to the old fashion 6 man party. I will change the OP so you people understand.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    you shouldn't be so quick to judge someone based on what they enjoy and want, some people do enjoy things you don't just like people enjoy things I don't.
    Holy triple-posts, Bulls-man!

Also, who uses /inv anymore?
    They already have auto /inv as well as a super secret relic from the past "/sea all inv".

And there were no tanks in the good merit parties; there were only DD's and support. Why take 3-4 minutes killing 1 mob for 3-4k when i can just solo or alliance pages for 5-6k every 2.5 minutes?

Your OP and OP-edit are only pointing out your lack of understanding for efficient game set-ups. Too bad the majority of players who are leveling up (especially in over-world instances) are getting face-raped by Tough mobs in an alliance setting.

Did you honestly enjoy having to beg a RDM, BRD, or NIN to come over to a camp for an hour and fight giant enemy crabs?
    (3)
    Last edited by Zerich; 07-14-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: genius 3-posted

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Holy triple-posts, Bulls-man!

Also, who uses /inv anymore?
    They already have auto /inv as well as a super secret relic from the past "/sea all inv".

And there were no tanks in the good merit parties; there were only DD's and support. Why take 3-4 minutes killing 1 mob for 3-4k when i can just solo or alliance pages for 5-6k every 2.5 minutes?

Your OP and OP-edit are only pointing out your lack of understanding for efficient game set-ups. Too bad the majority of players who are leveling up (especially in over-world instances) are getting face-raped by Tough mobs in an alliance setting.

Did you honestly enjoy having to beg a RDM, BRD, or NIN to come over to a camp for an hour and fight giant enemy crabs?
    I'm giving you an estimate not an exact number... my point is they can make the exp whatever they want to even it with whatever people do now... the whole point of the auto finder is you don't need to beg anyone, that's why it's called an auto-finder... and with that new exp gain any job can do it pld / nin / rdm / whm / sch whatever. Plus with the new expansion coming out that new rune job will be another tank added to the pile.

And it's not my lack of understanding, it's more your incompetence to grasp what i'm trying to explain.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    yes 6 man parties are there but how can we do 6 man parties when the majority does alliance due to better exp gain?

and my Idea doesn't consist of going back to the old fashion 6 man party. I will change the OP so you people understand.
    You answered your own question. If the majority wants alliance exp, why change anything?
    (5)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast