Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Character
    Coconuts
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

ATTN: Dev/Comm. Rep -Relic & Mythic Weapons Reborn {Yes, Please}- レリックとミシックの強化

First of all I just wanted to express my appreciation towards the Community Reps whom recently responded to the thread "The FFXI "Gyms of Vana'diel" Self Improvement Reborn!" Despite the disaster and trouble going on in Japan at the moment, I find it very valuable that initiative is being taken to progress during the game's downtime.

Today I have decided to compile the following listing of threads in regards to the current state of relic and mythic weapons in the game. So far I have only seen threads in the English and Japanese forums attempting to address this issue. For the French and German Communities if there are any threads related please reply to this thread so we can add to the compilation.

The purpose of this thread is to centralize the concerns voiced by players in regards to the current state of relic and mythic weapons that need to be improved due to imbalance that has been persisting ever since the introduction of Empyrean Weapons. I understand that there are players whom disagree or do not care. I would appreciate to keep this thread clean and focus on the purpose of allowing players to effectively address the concern to the development team. よろしく おねがいします。/bow

レリックウェポンの取得条件緩和
    http://bit.ly/fPSHWB

レリックとミシックの強化を!
    http://bit.ly/i109ve

FIX Relic Weapons
    http://bit.ly/e7j6Ck

[dev100x] Relic & Mythic Weapon Adjustments
    http://bit.ly/e9nJUw

lolRelic Weapon? SE what have you done?
    http://bit.ly/ie8Qgt

lolRelic-WS-For-those-who-don-t-believe-me
    http://bit.ly/dNool6

Relic waffen Anpassung
    http://bit.ly/hI5t8I
    (6)
    Last edited by Kiba; 03-18-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Something I've always wanted to ask for those asking for the weapons to be changed: Is there some measureable quantity of effort required for an item before SE isn't allowed to make something that's better or is obligated to provide a means for people to make their old stuff still the best? This is a serious question. And if so, What is that threshold?
    (2)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    I honestly thought that they would let you upgrade Relics like you can with that Emp armor? I've not played since Abyssea and I returned fresh recently so I dont know how things work, but im assuming relics suxk now because of weapons that are above 75?

Why dont they let you +1 and +2 relics? Making them -some- (not the only) best 90 (or 99) weapons?

Maybe they have plans for relic when cap hits 99?
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Something I've always wanted to ask for those asking for the weapons to be changed: Is there some measureable quantity of effort required for an item before SE isn't allowed to make something that's better or is obligated to provide a means for people to make their old stuff still the best? This is a serious question. And if so, What is that threshold?
    Look at it this way, if something is easy to get and better, why get harder to get that is inferior? This is the reason mythics are not really being made to begin with, most where bad from the start except SMN staff and WHM club.

All it does is make the older players mad that something takes 1 week should be best. everyone has best what is there to work for?

Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    I honestly thought that they would let you upgrade Relics like you can with that Emp armor? I've not played since Abyssea and I returned fresh recently so I dont know how things work, but im assuming relics suxk now because of weapons that are above 75?

Why dont they let you +1 and +2 relics? Making them -some- (not the only) best 90 (or 99) weapons?

Maybe they have plans for relic when cap hits 99?
    relics and mythics are upgradable but most emp ws are busted in power, relics still have the highest D rating but the emp ws makes that not matter.

the emp ws, most of them can crt so its amplified by that OP atma. (atma is a buff you get in abyssea area)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I honestly thought that they would let you upgrade Relics like you can with that Emp armor?
    You can. But the empyrean WS are (mostly) better than the relic WS, and the final forms add a lot of a stat that is important to the weapon skill while the relics only add attack or accuracy.

However, The numbers i've seen saying the emp weapons are clearly better aren't factoring in the Relic's Occasionaly does 2.5-3x damage (depending on the weapon) which is always active and not an aftermath. The relic weapons, on paper, appear to very slightly edge out the Emps, but this is compensated for by the Emps having a vastly superior weapon skill in most cases. Most of the relic weaponskills are not really that great except for their skillchain property and additional effects.
    (1)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    lol @Alhanelem you post around 100x to tell me how new dynamis update is all good, then come here to say SE have to stop updating they old content (power of weapon). just funny.... none the less...

i have an answer for you, but i rather keep it for me, i doubt it worth to destroy another thread with you
    (2)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You can. But the empyrean WS are (mostly) better than the relic WS, and the final forms add a lot of a stat that is important to the weapon skill while the relics only add attack or accuracy.

However, The numbers i've seen saying the emp weapons are clearly better aren't factoring in the Relic's Occasionaly does 2.5-3x damage (depending on the weapon) which is always active and not an aftermath. The relic weapons, on paper, appear to very slightly edge out the Emps, but this is compensated for by the Emps having a vastly superior weapon skill in most cases. Most of the relic weaponskills are not really that great except for their skillchain property and additional effects.
    its too rare and only applays on first hit where emp ws after effect is on all hits.

after effect that applays on barrage for more then 2 hits is too much damage. (lest thats my understanding of them)
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    ooo I seee. I didnt know you needed the weapon to do the specific WS, i thought it was like when you got the 500 points WS and you could use it on any weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Coconuts
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    In my opinion the quantity of effort is not something that can be measured, judged or applicable towards determining the items benefits as many players question the effort it takes. On the other hand this is SE's game, the power lies within the development team to decide what is to be the best, the new introduced or allowing old to be upgraded. As I have mentioned in previous posts my hopes are not for relic and mythic weapons to be the best or better than empyrean weapons but adjustments made so that there is a reason to even use these weapons. I believe many would appreciate this as it would promote a diversity on weapon of choice.
    (3)

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast