Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

More macro books!

With the onset of two more jobs soon, i forsee one LARGE problem. Macro books.

As it stands we have 20 jobs, and 20 macro books. Adding two jobs will either force players to choose which jobs to even make macros for, so not only will merits and gear be restrictive, but players may have to attempt to cram jobs into sharing books. This could be a problem if you accidentally tab into the other job's macros causing a fatal mistake. I propose an extra 2-10 (ideally 5) more macro books for these other jobs. I dont know for sure if this can be implemented, but im sure some other players are thinking about this very problem. This is not asking for more macro tabs or extra lines, just simply more books to accomodate the new jobs.
    (5)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    20 is already not enough, certian jobs I have are on different books depending on the sub job. Conversly war, drk, mnk and pld are all on one.

All they need to add is 2.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I like having one macro book per job. I would like to see them add 2 more books, one for each of the new jobs.
    (0)

Greetings,

Good observation regarding 20 jobs and 20 macro books but these matching numbers are actually by coincidence and we never intended to have one book per job.
    We can understand that creating one book per job would make things easier to organize but we would need to continue adding them every time a new job is introduced. We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.
    (3)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    More jobs logically means more things needing macros.

However, there are several other factors than could potentially alleviate macro space when the new UI comes around. Most notably, if we could save entire gear sets to a single macro command, that would free up at least 80% of several players' macro palettes . . .
    (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How many people play all 20 jobs and use every single macro slot? I mean really...
    (5)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The only things that should be considered in respect to adding more books are: Does it take a bunch of time or money? It's not a question of game balance or anything like that.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

Good observation regarding 20 jobs and 20 macro books but these matching numbers are actually by coincidence and we never intended to have one book per job.
    We can understand that creating one book per job would make things easier to organize but we would need to continue adding them every time a new job is introduced. We feel that 200 macros are sufficient and for that reason we do not plan on adding more books at this time.
    Dev logic!

Going by what is in front of us. You felt that with 20 jobs 20 macro books was enough. Yet you go and add 2 more jobs and feel no more books are needed? Why did you not just make 18 macro books for 20 jobs then?
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Dev logic!

Going by what is in front of us. You felt that with 20 jobs 20 macro books was enough. Yet you go and add 2 more jobs and feel no more books are needed? Why did you not just make 18 macro books for 20 jobs then?
    Don't give them any stupid ideas.
    (1)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    with the books we have you have 20 books,200 sets,4000 macros,20000 lines

pluse when we get the third line we will have another 2000 macros, 10000 lines(thats the theory any ways)
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast