Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We do not have plans to completely remove PC collision. The Development Team explained that this system was implemented from the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XI in order to amplify the existence of other users. Removing this function will make other characters feel like they're just another part of the background as you can run through them like air or brush.
    Yet the development team of FFXIV don't feel this at all, they removed this "amplification of the existence of others" when they found it made playing the game in congested areas a PITA!

It's also a nightmare when rezzing from a death in content like Besieged, apart from the time waiting for the rez. animation to happen, precious seconds are then lost trying to fight one's way out of the "amplified existence of others", during which time another AoE will often result in yet another death.

This is a stupid argument for a 'feature' that has such a negative effect for the sake of 'realism'.
    (5)

I actually do feel like all other characters in the world exist less than they do in FF11 when I play FF14. But then again, FF14 further accentuates that feeling of your characters being nothing but air by the way we seemingly float up almost completely vertical ledges that are higher than ourselves, while some other ledges that are shorter than this again still stop us... How much better wouldn't it have looked if we could traverse ledges by jumping them rather than floating over them?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like the 1-2 second collision "lock" for each player that you run into, but I would actually like *something* to happen when I bump into other players, to give me an incentive to run around them instead.

That's why suggested the slightly lowered movement speed during the exact moment that you exist in the same space as a different player, but never actually stopping you completely. That way, you'd still get out of a crowd much faster than today, but the crowd will still have *some* effect on you.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 06-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Player
    Yay! I approve of this change!
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Yes, I don't know why I wrote collusion... Edited OP. Thx
    You're studying Vana'diel law in your spare time, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We do not have plans to completely remove PC collision. The Development Team explained that this system was implemented from the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XI in order to amplify the existence of other users. Removing this function will make other characters feel like they're just another part of the background as you can run through them like air or brush.
    Other users? I've been playing with real, live people this whole time? Oh crap...

Seriously though I can say that PC collision being removed wouldn't bother me or make me feel any less connected to the game or my fellow players. Vana'diel is a very rich and immersive game world, but it is just that... a game world. I can fully accept unrealistic concepts such as walking through other characters and still enjoy the game as a "living" world and still appreciate the existence and weight of my fellow players as people just like me.
    (4)
    Last edited by Camiie; 07-01-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Character
    Deathbeckons
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    tbh people can grief others by standing in their way, much like being able to cast invis on someone outside party would cause griefing. /totally serious.
    (2)
    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Thank you for this change. I have zoned in the past and got stuck among the people afk there. I notice it doesn't happen as much as it used to but the change is going to be nice.
    (1)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree with Mirage and SE on this. There should be some incentive to run around people instead of 'through' them. This is a brilliant solution that does not completely remove collisions. The Mirage solution to slow down players is also nice, but this simple solution is sufficient for me. And 10 seconds is certainly a long enough time. People in your way while kiting creatures (like when we would kite creatures such as Jailer of Temperance) adds a nice strategic element to the battle when you have many people running around in circles.
    (0)

Hey everyone!

I have just a couple follow-ups in regards to some of the feedback we have been receiving about the changes to collision detection.

Some players have been asking for a setting in the configuration that would allow you to turn collision detection on/off. Unfortunately we do not have plans of making this a feature that you can configure individually as it is something we would like to keep uniform amongst all players.

Also, as we have been receiving a lot of feedback about the clumping of characters in Nyzul after warping, we are planning on implementing a system that will disperse players better. While there may be a slight random chance that players are warped to the same exact spot, this should significantly relieve the frequency of players getting stacked on one another.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    so what about fixing the years-long issue that when you exit you moghouse, your character has 50% chance of facing the entrance so if you auto run "forward" you actually re-enter the mog house... a very long time ago they claimed they fixed that in an update (a 2007 update or something). Just like the "cure lock update", nothing happened.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    so what about fixing the years-long issue that when you exit you moghouse, your character has 50% chance of facing the entrance so if you auto run "forward" you actually re-enter the mog house... a very long time ago they claimed they fixed that in an update (a 2007 update or something). Just like the "cure lock update", nothing happened.
    Seriously? The camera faces the same direction that it was facing inside the mog house. If you face the camera toward the door when you exit, then it will be facing away from the mog house entrance (i.e. you run forward you run away). If you face the opposite direction when you exit, then your camera will face the mog house entrance. The same is true for every zone in the game.
    (5)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast