Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Black Belt

Player
    either way they upgrade it (I predicted it to be a red belt like a couple years ago when they did away with level 75 cap), what needs to happen for sure... you can see it on the character model! It needs to be some epic quest to obtain and very few should obtain (like in real life, there are VERY few legitimate red belts) and as such, it should be able to be seen by everyone as an acknowledgment of your uber mnk skills. The belt is the defining gear for mnk, it should be shown, to not show it is inappropriate.
    (1)
    Last edited by Protey; 06-30-2012 at 04:32 AM.

I doubt they will make it visible unless they added an Aura effect to monks who have it , aka a supa sayan style red lighting aura around me 24/7 so it can match the erection ill have with it on.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    I doubt they will make it visible unless they added an Aura effect to monks who have it , aka a supa sayan style red lighting aura around me 24/7 so it can match the erection ill have with it on.
    Eww, {Galkan Sausage}!
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    str+8 haste +12%, because of balance. Pink belt.
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It'll be Red Belt since it's the one higher than black.
    Red Belt isn't a higher degree belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    either way they upgrade it (I predicted it to be a red belt like a couple years ago when they did away with level 75 cap), what needs to happen for sure... you can see it on the character model! ...
    Again, if you want red belt, that's fine with me but it isn't related to a higher degree than Black belt.

You can only master high levels in degrees on Black belt which was know to carry on to the 4th degree by some known masters. "Titles for teacher as Sifu and Sensei, which have a combined meaning of father/teacher, are used for third- and fourth-degree black belts."
    Red belt is of course associated to only Judo masters but that's not a general justification in martial arts.

In Brazilian Jujitso founder/ owner/ head of the school (Carlos Gracie) was known to wear the red belt(to simbolize being the highest rank).
    I don't know why they do it but it's not all martial arts that practice the same ranking system.
    livestrong

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    str+8 haste +12%, because of balance. Pink belt.
    Loooool, it would have to grant you special powers like, -100 enmity XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Psxpert2011; 07-03-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    Red Belt isn't a higher degree belt.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_belt_(martial_arts)

Says it is Red, or Purple, though still referred to as Black.

That said it's ridiculous something as over powered as the black belt is being upgraded at all.
    (4)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 07-03-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If anything is possible, just ask the moogles! Monks can continue training and adding 2nd, 3rd and 4th degrees to their black belt!

...Or more Maat quest! Come on Maat(your older than dirt)!.
    (2)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    it should be able to be seen by everyone as an acknowledgment of your uber mnk skills.
    Somehow I doubt its acquisition will have anything to do with our skill at the job. It'll be yet another fetch quest with preposterously low droprates that requires 17 of your closest friends. SE just doesn't understand anything else.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Somehow I doubt its acquisition will have anything to do with our skill at the job. It'll be yet another fetch quest with preposterously low droprates that requires 17 of your closest friends. SE just doesn't understand anything else.
    Quite true, more a recognition that you're part of an LS with the most relics/empys so are able to kill the content better to get your black belt. Personally I'd like to see it be a maat-style solo fight that you have to do on MNK. That is the only way it would show your 'uber mnk skills', yet it would likely still be a case of 'I took more potions in with me'.
    (5)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Quite true, more a recognition that you're part of an LS with the most relics/empys so are able to kill the content better to get your black belt. Personally I'd like to see it be a maat-style solo fight that you have to do on MNK. That is the only way it would show your 'uber mnk skills', yet it would likely still be a case of 'I took more potions in with me'.
    What was funny back in the HNM days was that BB items would end up dropping to people who didn't have MNK leveled and no real intention of leveling it. Some eventually would and hit level 71. "Oh look BB items already in storage! I am teh uberz MNK rawr!"

I can't say much though. Although I did already have MNK to 75, it's not like I actually used my MNK to earn my belt. I was always BRD when we did HNMs. It didn't prove that I was a good MNK, it just proved that I did HNM a lot.
    (6)
    Last edited by Camiie; 07-04-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast