Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BYE TANAKA!

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    D:... To be honest, I wasn't expecting him to respond to us. That's kind of touching... And he looks adorable when he smiles. He should have smiled more often in his business photos. Or is that a cultural thing? Okipuit, please let him know that we would like him to come play with us sometime! As an adventurer.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Good luck take care o/
    (2)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    Community team, is there any method by which we can write to Square-Enix and our thank you notes etc. be passed on to Tanaka-san?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    People are absolutely retarded.

Some morons started the Tanaka hate train when they became butthurt because they're incompetent morons who can't achieve anything both in and out of game.
    Then the next wave of people just jumps onto what's currently popular in whatever community.
    I agree with the goodbye Tanaka and good luck to him and best wishes.

But by saying these sentences, You are being a hypocrite. declaring people retarded/Butthurt/etc for bashing on Tanaka is pretty much Banishing those people for the same reasons you're bashing them. Its not really productive. We all know/Think the same thing you said, But its hypocritical at best, and we shouldn't those people anger us!

I did my fair share of Tanaka bashing, But it was always... Mostly... sarcasm, Never hated the guy, He gave me some of the best FF Games i've played, I liked it... and its true, He's been in charge from the games introduction, and while he missed a lot, he got a lot right. Its a balance of good and bad, And it wasn't all too terrible.

Anyway, Rambling off, Don't get angry and call those people names, it just makes you look bad !

(P.S If it didn't come across clear. I agree with your reasoning for thinking the way you do, But the rage directed at those people are exhibiting the same emotions and reasons you are there bashing them for :X)
    (2)

Player
    Don't get me wrong, I am far from raging and I am perfectly calm when writing this.

To me this is just a rational look at clear facts which simply has not been expressed in a "political way" if you wish to say so.

Plus I fail to see the hypocrisy as I've never ridden mentioned train and I am most certainly not butthurt about anyone doing anything that I don't agree with. So in short: It's far from the same as I'm being rational about things while the people riding certain trains on the web are simply retarded.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You know, folks, it's OK to feel sympathy for his health problems and still believe he made serious mistakes and poor decisions as producer of FFXI. Having something bad happen doesn't wipe the slate clean.

Do the comments go too far at times? Yeah, but some people are really just trying to be funny and/or venting years of frustration. Tanaka is a big boy and he knows full well that criticism is something you face being in a creative field.
    (4)
    Last edited by Camiie; 07-26-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    You know, folks, it's OK to feel sympathy for his health problems and still believe he made serious mistakes and poor decisions as producer of FFXI. Having something bad happen doesn't wipe the slate clean.
    However, there is something called tact.
    (4)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    However, there is something called tact.
    Understood, and I certainly don't wish pain or death upon him. I do think FFXI will be better off without his involvement though. Some people are acting as if it's not ok to criticize his work at all now that he's sick. I don't think that's fair either.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Understood, and I certainly don't wish pain or death upon him. I do think FFXI will be better off without his involvement though. Some people are acting as if it's not ok to criticize his work at all now that he's sick. I don't think that's fair either.
    It's perfectly ok to criticize, even under the circumstances. Just do it in another thread.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post

He has proven to be very capable at making single player console RPGs, and completely inadequate at making MMORPGs. He treated FFXI and FFXIV as just another single player console RPG, but with many players, and look what it did to both of those games.
    He managed to make two of the best story based MMO's in existence. No other MMO has yet to even get close to blending MMO with epic storytelling like FFXI has.

FFXI has my favorite story out of all the FF games too.
    (2)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast