Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odin Entry

Odin Entry

The procedure for entering Odin's Chamber has been revised.

Trade a Smouldering Lamp to the Entry Gate while in possession of the valkyrie feather key items from each of the three Wings.
    *As before, valkyrie feathers will disappear upon successful entry.
    How is this any different then before? You always needed feathers from all the wings. Is it that people that not trading the lamp don't need them or what?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You only need one feather from each zone to open the chamber, unlike before where the person opening the chamber needed all feathers. I agree that the wording is pretty weird.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You only need one feather from each zone to open the chamber, unlike before where the person opening the chamber needed all feathers. I agree that the wording is pretty weird.
    To meet that condition, the player entering had to previously acquire the Mark of the Einherjar did they not?
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    To meet that condition, the player entering had to previously acquire the Mark of the Einherjar did they not?
    They had to possess all nine feathers from previous chambers. Just having the Mark of Einherjar wasn't enough. The feathers get wiped every time you do Odin, the Mark is a permanent key item and stays.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The Mark can also be purchased from the Ampoule NPC in Nasmau, by way of 3 new items. these items can be traded to ???s in the testing grounds to obtain all three feathers in a given wing. Convoluted? Most definitely.
    (0)

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyomeyo View Post
    The Mark can also be purchased from the Ampoule NPC in Nasmau, by way of 3 new items. these items can be traded to ???s in the testing grounds to obtain all three feathers in a given wing. Convoluted? Most definitely.

I thought you couldn't buy feathers without the mark. I may have misunderstood though lol
    (0)

Hey Einherjarers,

We just wanted to clarify that you will now only need a Valkyrie Feather Key Item from each of the three Wings in order to reserve Odin's Chamber. The "Elite Einherjar" title along with the Feathers from each Wing will be necessary to enter the new Level 99 Odin's Chamber.
    (2)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Okipuit, I did Odin for the first time yesterday and did not receive the title "Elite Einherjar". Will I need to redo the same fight again once you guys have fixed the issue, or will I obtain it automatically if I go to a title changer NPC?
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 06-16-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Hey Einherjarers,

We just wanted to clarify that you will now only need a Valkyrie Feather Key Item from each of the three Wings in order to reserve Odin's Chamber. The "Elite Einherjar" title along with the Feathers from each Wing will be necessary to enter the new Level 99 Odin's Chamber.
    I entered Odin v2 without the Elite Einherjar title yesterday, but the person breaking the lamp had it.
    (2)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Okipuit, I did Odin for the first time yesterday and did not receive the title "Elite Einherjar". Will I need to redo the same fight again once you guys have fixed the issue, or will I obtain it automatically if I go to a title changer NPC?
    My group had this same issue yesterday.a GM call pretty much told us that we had to REDO all nine chambers and beat odin AGAIN for the title.This better not be serious, i didn't blow hours of my life getting to that fight to be denied what i've rightfully earned.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast