Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    @Byrth: more like if they intended us constantly change up our merits on the fly the point cap would be larger and the cost to upgrade would be less there by supporting a more dynamic upgrade system.
    (0)

Player
    You make a good point with the unable/unwilling Dev Team, Byrth.
    (4)

Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Bum.... I mean... this is a good idea, it would give lots of people something to do.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Version update in 3 days!

Lets bump Merits maximums.
    (4)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I mean, regardless of how complicated a system you make (paths, well-balanced abilities, etc.) there will only be one optimal set of merits for a given situation. For me, the absolute worst possible case would be if the merit system was balanced and important enough that people were actually re-meriting between events. It would be like getting an XP buffer at 75 so you can keep doing Dynamis, except it would be getting a merit point buffer so you can keep switching your merits around for your Legion night and then Voidwatch night and then Odin v2 night. I'd hate it.
    I'm under the impression that if they ever added special merits that were that important, they would make them like the WS merits in that it's basically impossible to re-spec in between LS events because of the merit point storage cap unless you grind dozens of merits between the event days. I don't think a lot of people would be keen on joining LSs that require you to do that.
    (2)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd like to be able to use merits to continue doing content.
    Like trading merits to reduce the cooldown of Assault Tags, Meeble Sacks, Remnants Permits, etc.
    That way if I wanted to spam Salvage or something, I could go join a party for merits so I could enter more often, rather than logging out for a day.
    (13)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    If the last census was any indication the player base really doesn't follow this philosophy as the overwhelming majority merits their jobs in the same way leaving many traits/skills forever unused. And there is no merit that will suddenly make a job as a whole different when two have merited different things. EX: Rdm with slow/para maxed, useless. RDM with dia/bio maxed, still useless.

As argued by the OP removing the cap would not be detrimental at all. If the devs are so hell bent on making players pick after being able to enjoy the full extent of their jobs til 75, why not make a merit skill tree?
    this isn't WoW, if you don't like the way that they make their game then stop playing. having hissy fits because your not getting what you want gets you nowhere.

on relation to Mods post thank you for increasing the cap again.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    this isn't WoW, if you don't like the way that they make their game then stop playing. having hissy fits because your not getting what you want gets you nowhere.

on relation to Mods post thank you for increasing the cap again.
    What are you whining about? This forum is almost entirely meant for feedback, and you're complaining that this guy is giving feedback? Stop making an idiot out of yourself.
    (14)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    What are you whining about? This forum is almost entirely meant for feedback, and you're complaining that this guy is giving feedback? Stop making an idiot out of yourself.
    I agree. If that guy (Umichi) thinks things are fine as they are, he has the right to say so too; that's just giving feedback, like the original poster. But throwing a hissy fit at other players because they have a different idea of what would make for a better game than you do is out of line.
    (7)

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would actually like to see some soloable Seekers quests that would allow you to uncap your merits in certain categories. That would give a very strong incentive to do certain quests or quest lines. Now, by soloable, I do not mean that it will be easy. I simply mean that it should not be impossible.
    (6)

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast