VanaFest Stream Content Breakdown

Greetings everyone!

We are all getting quite psyched over here for VanaFest 2012 and with only 10 days until we start streaming the event I wanted to give you all a full breakdown of each segment of our Community Team live stream.

So without further ado…
    • Development Team Talk Sessions
      The development and operations team will be discussing the future of FINAL FANTASY XI and all the plans they have in store for the game. There will be two sessions taking place on each day of the event, and each session will contain different content. Bayohne and I will be appearing shortly after the Japanese dev talk sessions conclude to give a full English breakdown of all the announcements and to discuss the content. If you are looking to see some big announcements, be sure to watch this portion of the stream!

• “Project XI” – FINAL FANTASY XI Director’s Panel
      This is a special retrospective on FINAL FANTASY XI, looking back to its early planning stages and its decade journey of growth through the years. The panel will feature a host of directors and developers that will share a wealth of secret dev stories. Similar to the dev talk sessions, Bayohne and I will appear shortly after the Japanese session concludes to give a comprehensive summary of all the juicy details!

• Battlefield Coverage
      The development team has created a brand-new battlefield, “Heroines’ Tower” (English name pending), and VanaFest attendees will be going head to head in a time trial challenge. We will be doing our best to capture some of the competition as well as show off the battlefield that lies beyond the Runic Gate.

• Cosplay Contest
      What’s a FINAL FANTASY XI event without a cosplay contest? We will be covering the VanaFest 2012 cosplay contest and discussing the attendees’ creative costumes.

• Trans-Vana’diel Vrtra Quiz
      The Trans-Vana’diel Vrtra Quiz is a game show style quiz event which will test the attendees’ knowledge of FINAL FANTASY XI. Follow along as we relay the questions (and of course the answers) in English on our stream to see if you are the Vana’delian scholar you imagine yourself to be.

• Foods of Vana’diel
      In case you haven’t seen the 100+ some odd posts about food I’ve already made… We will be showing off and taste testing a plethora of foods from Vana’diel with detailed descriptions of their ingredients.

• Special Guest Talk
      We'll be speaking with a special guest during the first day of VanaFest! Look forward to it!
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Anuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Will there be another expansion in ffxis lifetime? can you give us a hint?

meloveyoulongtime

helpmeoutbeforetheNOPOLICE come in here
    (3)

Slight schedule change - outlined above! We figured you guys have seen just about enough of some of the foods that will be on hand at VanaFest, so we decided to wrangle in a special guest for that time slot to discuss some of the day's big announcements!
    (7)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Slight schedule change - outlined above! We figured you guys have seen just about enough of some of the foods that will be on hand at VanaFest, so we decided to wrangle in a special guest for that time slot to discuss some of the day's big announcements!
    We are all losing our minds waiting for Vana'fest, and you know why.
    (0)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ya know.. part of me is a smidge sad that we won't see you guys stuffing your faces with Galkan Sausage
    (1)

Character
    Anninais
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I am going to assume that you guys don't know yet, but is there any idea yet where the new continent will be geographically located in respect to Quon, Mindartia and Aht Urghan?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anninais View Post
    I am going to assume that you guys don't know yet, but is there any idea yet where the new continent will be geographically located in respect to Quon, Mindartia and Aht Urghan?
    It is off of the Ulbuka Continent, west of Quon.
    (0)