Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Right now IMHO The recast on shield bash is too high anyway, if it was lowered then it might help plds gain some ground.

I made a suggestion a while back that bash moves, shield and weapon, should be moved to a charge type system similar to SCH stratagems.

Thoughts?
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I made a suggestion a while back that bash moves, shield and weapon, should be moved to a charge type system similar to SCH stratagems.

Thoughts?
    This would be a huge improvement to Weapon Bash and Shield Bash. It work really well with their Stun properties, also.

Being able to Stun several bad things back-to-back at the cost of waiting a really long time for charges to come back would really differentiate these Stun job abilities from various Stun spells.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the op's suggestion, I think a pld version of kick attacks with a shield would be cool, could make it so the damage would be fairly low but give double the enmity of a regular hit.

Job trait- Shield ram: occasionally ram with your shield increasing enmity.

Then could add gear with shield ram +#, which would increase shield ram rate
    And could add augments shield ram to aegis, which would make the damage like a normal sword hit and add knockback (for spell interruption)
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    I like the op's suggestion, I think a pld version of kick attacks with a shield would be cool, could make it so the damage would be fairly low but give double the enmity of a regular hit.

Job trait- Shield ram: occasionally ram with your shield increasing enmity.

Then could add gear with shield ram +#, which would increase shield ram rate
    And could add augments shield ram to aegis, which would make the damage like a normal sword hit and add knockback (for spell interruption)
    Making a ridiculously powerful shield even more powerful.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're right, make that ochain, aegis already gets the massive shield bash damage +
    (0)

The simple way to do this is to take the effects of the Hammermill attachment for Automatons and make it a 4- or 5-tier JT for Paladins, increasing SB damage multifold and including a Slow effect that increses in potency. I also agree with reducing the timer to 2~3 minutes. 5 minutes is far too long.
    (1)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    wow that's a really nice idea. I think DRG and DRK should get something similar(because they don't have any natural additional attack traits, cept maybe the drg with it's pet if you want to count that). I could see drk maybe getting a chance to use up some MP to do an additional attack that could either place an explicit dot on the target(bleed maybe?) oor some random enfeebling effect.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post

Thoughts?
    This would add a tactical layer to Paladin tanking, not to mention any change from the same old routine would be really nice regardless of what it is. I just want the job to be fun again, perhaps that makes me a spoiled child but there hasn't been a reason to play it in years, and the more traditional party setups where Paladin thrives are a rare thing. That's just my personal experience with the last few years' worth of content though, ymmv.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2