Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

Fellowship Bond requirements are now totally excessive for Fellow quests

Since the doubling of mob-kill-per-session .. no idea when this happened, it's a long time since I leveled an NPC from the start .. the Bond requirements for quests are now way too high.

For example, my NPC is 52, about to level to 53, with a Bond of 38. Even scaling back from non-optimal XP, ie. fighting mobs that are EP to me at 64, she's getting nearly a level per session.

So in about 3 or 4 sessions max she'll cap 55. The next Limit Break, Regaining Trust, according to the Wiki requires a Bond of 55, but my NPC at most will be 42-ish.

There is no way I can get Bond to 55 without wasting Signal and Tactics charges on simply summoning her to bump Bond, and talking to her at the Rendezvous Point every day.

The Bond requirements need to be halved to balance the doubling (more or less) of the XP-per-session that happened when the kill-per-session value was doubled.
    (38)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 04-30-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Talking to the NPC every day, and Summoning her every day, is a good idea. I'm pretty sure the Tactic's Pearl quest raises Bonds as well.

Though, i Agree completely with your assessment. The bond requirements should be lowered by some good margin.

Oh, and just another reminder, If you read this and agree as well? LIKE THE OP! Lordy!
    (14)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    My npc is lvl 50, i can not do the limit break and i have been summoning her and talking to her at RP. she has around 20 FP and the quest for LB is about 30 and i can not even get it. I was getting around 4 levels a session fighting mobs EP-DC at 99.
    (4)

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Don't change a thing. It is called putting time and effort into the game to unlock things. Next thing everyone is going to say that chocobo raising is to hard and we should just be able to pick the chocobo we want and buy it. Not everything in this game is meant to be handed to you like it is in abyssea. It is nice to have things that still take a lot of time and effort to unlock and appreciate.
    (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    Don't change a thing. It is called putting time and effort into the game to unlock things. Next thing everyone is going to say that chocobo raising is to hard and we should just be able to pick the chocobo we want and buy it. Not everything in this game is meant to be handed to you like it is in abyssea. It is nice to have things that still take a lot of time and effort to unlock and appreciate.

You're wrong, and while i fear its going in one ear and out the other "abysseaisthedevil" Ear, I'll try to explain why.

The Adventuring Fellows current Method of obtaining the next level cap, Or breaking the Current, Is based entirely around a system implemented upon the release of these Adventuring Fellows. Summoning them, leveling them, and speaking with them, over time, cause new quests to become active. However, Since recently Experience has doubled across the board, and Adventuring Fellows can stay out twice as long at base, The system currently in place is outdated and stalls progression.

Getting your NPC to 50 should be more than enough of a requirement to obtain the level cap. The Friendship System is a wonderful idea, and should as such not be removed, But there is absolutely no concievable reason that the current friendship cap should remain unchanged when two very drastic changes have currently been made to how exp is gained, and how long Adventuring Fellows remain at your side.

When a fundamental part of a system changes, certain additions and adjustments need to change to meet the afformentioned system changes. Hopefully this had made it clear. Theres nothing rewarding or challenging about wasting signal pearl charges on a capped NPC. If you've Summoned your NPC and reached level 50, As well as Spoken with them every day, Nothing should stop you from progressing in the storyling of the NPC.

I Can't think i can say it any more clearly than the above. Thank you for listening.
    (9)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

I bet you've never benefited from an adjustment. Your total XP required to 75 was never reduced was it? You've never taken advantage of FOV, GOV, Campaign, Besieged, or XP bands have you? If you had I'd say you hadn't put enough time and effort into your jobs and you had tons of XP just handed to you.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Huh, this hadn't even occurred to me, but yeah, this would get really annoying.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Kinda agree here. Just talk to NPC, do the QST in Promy every week, and call him everytime you can and you won't have any problem with bond... Neway, "bond" take time to build. The "bond" is ok right now.
    (4)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agreed, everyone should be happy they only have to grind 1/2 the xp, its not a problem for you to wait the normal time, you can xp for points or you can just summon and release, takes a few minutes of your day, no biggie.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While this isn't a problem for me (Fellow is 72) I can see how this could be a problem for some folks.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast