Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Whatever happened to Cait Sith and Atomos?

Announced last July, there was a lot of hubbub surrounding the potential inclusion of two new avatars, Cait Sith and Atomos. The first was intended to be a summonable pet much like Carbuncle or Fenrir, while the second, Atomos, was intended to be a 2hr avatar like Odin and Alexander.

Since the initial speculations and buzz, however, it has died down completely and there has been scant talk on the subject and no further information other than the fact it's being worked on. I realise it took Square-Enix quite a long time to eventually release Odin and Alexander after their announcement, though I suspect that's largely because of the new mechanics needed to summon them.

Has there been any further news on our feline friend and her mawed companion?
    (12)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's for SMN so it's at the bottom of the priority list.
    (5)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    Has there been any further news on our feline friend and her mawed companion?
    Not that I can recall, other than the recent Roadmap that is (though Atomos is MIA).
    (3)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE announces that Cait Sith is coming around July http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/22873 .

My guess is that Atomos might come when they implement new 2hr abilitys in June or when they enhanche them around October^_-

Cant w8!!
    (6)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Rejoice smns! If you look at the roadmap pic, it shows Cait Sith following you. So she's not a 2hr only.
    Still saying atomos will be though, how else would he work?
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have a really bad feeling about atomos being connected to the merit 2hrs... I really hope they stick him in with Odin and Alexander and have something more creative in the works for smn merit 2hr, but the fact they announced cait and merit 2hrs but not atomos does not bode well... The way it is it's lookin like they are gonna move odin and Alex to be merit 2hrs along with atomos or something crap like that.
    (3)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Another thing is that the picture with Cait Sith looks like it is in a city. My guess is that maybe you are able to teleport with it, move faster or something.
    (1)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Another thing is that the picture with Cait Sith looks like it is in a city. My guess is that maybe you are able to teleport with it, move faster or something.
    That's southern sandoria (s), you can summon pets in the past cities due to campaign battles in cities. Probably pointing to the fact that cait sith mainly hangs around in the sandoria area in the wings of the goddess missions, so unless you were looking into some deeper hidden meaning or something, that's why it's in a city. if anything it's hinting to the fact it will come from wotg missions and not voidwatch as some have speculated.

Though having a pet that can teleport us/the party would be an interesting twist, and suppose it makes sense due to the wotg c/s's where it does it.
    (2)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Got a rep for atomos from french community rep, Atomos is for 2013 (in bold in quote, "I can just confirm that he'll not be available before 2013").

Pour le moment malheureusement nous n'avons pas plus d'information concernant Atomos, je peux juste confirmer qu'il ne sera pas disponible avant 2013 (ce qui explique son absence de la feuille de route).
    (1)

Player
    C'est la vie. C'est la mort. C'est un anus géant.
    (4)

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast