Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    After all, she already had all the required abilities and animations.
    She really doesn't.
    Theoretically, we're getting the same as all the other Avatars: a miniclone of the whole.
    But the Cait Sith that everyone is like "bluhbluhbluh we already know her abilities cause we fought her bluhbluhbluh" is NOT Cait Sith.
    That was just a small piece of Her.
    A fraction of the whole.
    1/10th to be exact.
    Number Ceithir to be even more exact.
    So what would be correct in guessing is that we already have witness to Her phys BPs...
    But Her magic BPs? Her 2hr?
    Her this-is-my-version-of-the-merit-BP? (Holy Mist, Lunar Bay, Night Terror)
    We know none of these things.
    And we have no basis to base anything on about them either.

And what about Her wards?
    What are they?
    Chances are we can probably expect to see a sneak-invis-ga as one... if only for 1) Her pieces go sneak/invis constantly in WotG and 2) its one of the few buff effects that isn't in a Ward.
    Divine Favor, Mewling Lullaby, and Erie Eye might be some of Her Wards... but AoE dispel? ANOTHER sleepga? Giving Amnesia to players?
    I can see the Lullaby happening... with the TP=0 taken out...
    And I can even see Divine Favor retaining it's full AoE dispel...
    but something tells me that Erie Eye isn't gonna happen...
    And this is only 3/10 BPs... Carbuncle is "special" in that he has virtually no perp cost and only 8 BPs + his 2hr...
    But everyone else is sitting at 9+2hr.
    (I'm ignoring the Celestials and just drawing from Fenrir and Diabolos, since chances are that She will be modeled similarly to them... even though the Celestials are also 9+2hr too.)

There's a LOT more to Her than that one fight you have with 1/10th of Her in WotG.
    All we can really take from that is that one her phys BPs have been done from the beginning.
    ??? Holy won't probably be one. It *might* but chances are it will be a similar thing to Holy Mist.... or just an AoE light damage spell like Thunderspark... but who knows. Though I'd think a full 10/10 Cait Sith would have more firepower than a random thing.
    (0)

You're assuming that all the other nine use different moves.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You're assuming that all the other nine use different moves.
    No, I'm assuming that that 1/10th is 1/10th of the whole.

EDIT: plus I'm also using simple pattern recognition:
    Every avatar, save Carbuncle, has a pattern to their BPs.
    1 2hr
    3-4 phys BPs
    3 magic BPs
    10-X wards

Carbuncle breaks the trend by having only 9 total BPs... but he's supposed to be "gimp" cause he's the "SMN-in-training" avatar... Plus he also has only 1 phys BP, 2 magic, and 5 wards.

Diabolos is also a bit different... He's sort of the "dark Carbuncle"... Though he's exceptionally weird because multiple of his wards really should have been rages... (looking at you Somnolence!)
    Pavor Nocturnus a bit too...
    And if we count the damage dealing wards (excluding Nightmare because it's Sleepga+Bio, not "nukes") he then maintains the 50ish-50ish rage-ward split...
    Lord only knows why SE made Somnolence a Ward and not a Rage.

So basically we can "fill in the blanks" using LOGIC.
    Cait Sith will have:
    1 2hr BP
    1-4 phys BPs (of which we have seen 1 when we fought 4... who is MALE on top of Cait Sith being female... More difference.)
    3 magic BPS (TP based Banish II, TP based Banish IV, "merit" BP)
    and
    10-X wards, where X is the total of 1(2hr)+# phys BPs+3

She might have more physical rages...
    She might only have the one we can safely assume She will have.
    But we can't say she will ONLY HAVE ONE.
    Because we don't know if she'll have more or not.

And she also might be like Ramuh, who breaks the trend of only 3 magic rages.
    He has a 4th: the only non-2hr AoE rage.
    And seeing as how 4 can AoE crappy-Holy... it would not be unexpected to see "Holyga" as a 4th magic rage on Cait Sith.
    BUT said "Holyga" could just be Her "merit" magic BP... so.... again, we just don't know anything.

It would be really nice of the Devs to have a working list similar to the list of the second 2hrs be posted...
    But I won't hold my breath for that.

EDIT2: AND she also might not have TP-based T2 and T4 Banishes.... Fenrir and Diabolos certainly don't have T2 and T4 dark nukes...
    BUT those spells don't exist in the first place... so... it's all up in the air atm.
    (0)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 12-11-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Has SE announced when they going to bring out the new avatars....
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manux View Post
    Has SE announced when they going to bring out the new avatars....
    Sure:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

There was a slight miscommunication regarding what was said during the Niconico live stream and we have a response from Akihiko Matsui outlining the correct statement.

I apologize for the error and have corrected the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Matsui here.

I apologize for making you all wait for the Cait Sith and Atomos avatars.

In order to implement these avatars, we need to not only create their associated spells and effects, but we also need to prepare various things such as the quest to obtain them and the battles related to the quests.

As there is other work to be done on this to get it ready besides just the avatars themselves, we'd appreciate it greatly if you could give us a bit more time to implement them.
    Or in other words: When It's Ready. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25