Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    SMN has decent buffs, you're forgetting SMN is suffering what all Hybrid's bar BLU suffers. Because it is a Hybrid it doesn't do anything all that well.

It's not a DD, Enhancer, Healer, Nuker, Enfeebler etc.... Personally Hybrid's don't belong in MMO's, they're near 99% of the time done badly.
    Yes, our Hastega is good, but the rest is seriously lacking, at least with the level cap increase. there have been numerous threads pertaining to fixing SMN, but SE apparently doesn't want to have their job made easy with the players suggesting completely reasonable ideas to fix their jobs...
    (1)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i like the charge system.. but seeing as how implementing that would affect BP delay reduction gear and be affected by the whole BP out of range timer reset thing, i think the best way to introduce a charge system to BPs is to do it thru a new command.

make a new JA command for SMN that instantly resets both BP timers, like a 100% random deal on them, and allow that to have charges. 3 charges would mean you could fire 4 BP rages in a row. Set it to something like a 4minute timer in total, and you have a much more speed / zerg friendly SMN.

Astral Flow BPs still follow old rules, and you can probably effectively zerg back to back BPs with a COR with well timed Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Real..
    ultimately your bottom lime shifts to become MP, which is something players can work at, instead of an arbitrary cap

edit: used defensively for ward, can be used to stun lock mobs and lay down debuffs asap if the first one misses
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    Yes, our Hastega is good, but the rest is seriously lacking, at least with the level cap increase. there have been numerous threads pertaining to fixing SMN, but SE apparently doesn't want to have their job made easy with the players suggesting completely reasonable ideas to fix their jobs...
    So we're ignoring the rather powerful favours are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    except SMN is the more broken(in the bad way) job out of lets see... all of them. So it would make sense that it needs more attention to be brought up to par with the rest of the jobs.
    No it's not.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arciel View Post
    i like the charge system.. but seeing as how implementing that would affect BP delay reduction gear and be affected by the whole BP out of range timer reset thing, i think the best way to introduce a charge system to BPs is to do it thru a new command.
    I'll clarify my original idea. My original idea was for the current rage/ward system to be replaced with a charge system. This charge system would still work in the same way that the rage/ward system works, except that now all BPs would again be classified under the same job ability, the same way that most scholar abilities are classified under "Stratagems". The cooldown of the charges would still be affected by BP cooldown reduction gear. For example, the default cooldown for BPs would still be 60 seconds. Assuming that SE keeps the 45 second minimum BP cooldown timer, you could still use BP cooldown reduction gear in order to make the cooldown for the charge that you used be 45 seconds instead of 60 seconds. Please let me know if this still isn't clear.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    I'll clarify my original idea. My original idea was for the current rage/ward system to be replaced with a charge system. This charge system would still work in the same way that the rage/ward system works, except that now all BPs would again be classified under the same job ability, the same way that most scholar abilities are classified under "Stratagems". The cooldown of the charges would still be affected by BP cooldown reduction gear. For example, the default cooldown for BPs would still be 60 seconds. Assuming that SE keeps the 45 second minimum BP cooldown timer, you could still use BP cooldown reduction gear in order to make the cooldown for the charge that you used be 45 seconds instead of 60 seconds. Please let me know if this still isn't clear.
    Good idea, but they would not allow BP- gear to work. Would probably end up level based like SCH.
    (0)

Player
    @daniel most of the SMN favors are pathetic at best. Shiva Ifrit and Diabolos are really the only good ones. but remember, we suffer a -15% damage on our pets while it's active! I did not forget about them, they are just not worth using, especially since they reset each time our pet is desummoned.

Also, I can guarantee that if a rdm wanted to, they could out heal and out damage a smn at the same time. simply because of the time constraints we are limited to.

@ last post, if that is the case, we would definitely need more charges than 2.
    (0)

If they also cut the charge time in 1/2 so, 30 seconds a charge and kept the -15 second cap that would make BP's have really only an MP constraint. and 2 charge cap would be completely acceptable. they could even get rid of the out of range buff if that is too difficult to code.

For favors, your pet WILL be killed by AoE damage on most mobs you would want to keep your avatar around DD for, limiting useful favors to diabolos and shiva(blms don't stand near the mob). If the mob doesn't have AoE then Ifrit and Ramuh are good.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chimerawizard; 06-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2