Character
    Qoqqo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Caller's Set seals: smn solo?

Hi,
    as i am starting my adventure as a SMN in Abyssea, i would like to know if there are any seals that i can solo by myself and, if yes, if i need some specific atma to solo 'em.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would say most of them, especially at 99. I'm too lazy to get SMN specific Atma, so I usually get what I have already stored: Razed Ruins, Sanguine Scythe and Apocalypse, and it works out just fine. If your gear is not too bad, you shouldn't run out of MP during a fight. Kharon or Antlion for head seals, Flame Skimmer or Apkallu for legs seals, Koios for body seals, Gary for feet seals (or Hrosshvalur, using Leviathan). Only hands may be a bit problematic. Maybe if you can kill Teekesselchen quickly, will probably involve some kiting and resummoning. Not sure how it will fare against the Mandragora, and I don't remember ever fighting the Imp, so cannot comment on that.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Depends on your current gear. Knowing you don't have any Empyrean makes it a little rough. I mean, Relic+2 Armor offers a nice slash of Perp-, But... even with perfect perp-/refresh gear short of Magian Staves, Without Empyrean, Your avatars will be quite expensive.

Because even assuming you got stuff like Nashira Hands/Serpentes/A refresh head/Augur's Brais/AF+1 feet, or any of the other slightly more annoying gear to obtain for perp-1, He's still looking at a hefty Perp cost without Magian Staves at 99.

Minikin might be a good replacement for Apoc or Sanguine just for Upkeep of MP, Especially if you'll be farming pop items as i imagine you will eventually be. MP Upkeep will be a big part in not taking forever. Minikin Is definitely one to consider.

That aside... If i had to pick the easiest ones to do?

Head Seals: The Tree
    Feet Seals: Gnawtooth Gary
    Body: Koios
    Hands: Chillwing Or Tek
    Legs: Funureal Apkallu

All of them are pretty easy, straightforward fights.
    (1)

In abyssea I usually use shiva with Beyond, Minikin and either Apoc or Ultimate, spamming Heavenly strikes.

Since you have no empy for -perp, as Karby said, you'll want to use Minikin for refresh, so this might be a better option. If you only recently started the game though, it's unlikely that you have apocalypse or ultimate atma yet, so Baying Moon isn't a bad option, or if you find your avatars are dying too fast, try Mounted Champion.

Teekeselchen is easy if you do the quest to prevent his spikes, but even without, he shouldn't be a problem if you use ramuh or Titan.
    (0)

Character
    Qoqqo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    considering all you guys said, i think the first thing to do i to build up a good set of Atma's.
    i'll start with the basic ones trying to get
    Ducal
    Minikin
    Mounted Champion

i know this set is not the best as a dmg output but i think is the staerting point i can use to solo something in abyssea. Yesterday i started my dominion ops on Graub and as a 95 smn/sch i see all the mobs (also che #1 ops) as even or more... so i need desperately some atmas... and some abyssite (in particular Merit and Furtherance ones)

and yes, i re-started playing @the end of Feb with very short time to play (new type of exp and achieve goals make me return)...
    i think with this 3 atma's i can start doing someting and start also trying to solo some other mobs that can grant me some other atmas (beyond? Apoc?)
    as i miss all the caller's set... what's the first pieces (in order of importance) do you think i need to start for upgrading? i was thinking about doublet+1 ....
    (0)
    Last edited by Texx-sylph; 04-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Texx-sylph View Post
    considering all you guys said, i think the first thing to do i to build up a good set of Atma's.
    i'll start with the basic ones trying to get
    Ducal
    Minikin
    Mounted Champion
    Very good Atma set for longevity. As your gear and skill gets better you can start switching them out one by one to DD Atma, but this will work for now.

i think with this 3 atma's i can start doing someting and start also trying to solo some other mobs that can grant me some other atmas (beyond? Apoc?)
    SMN will have trouble soloing some of the tougher mobs, if they don't already have the Atma and lack some gear (which is the case for you). Especially since you'll want red !! on mobs to get an Atma, so you should consider teaming up with someone.

as i miss all the caller's set... what's the first pieces (in order of importance) do you think i need to start for upgrading? i was thinking about doublet+1 ....
    The doublet is very nice indeed, as are the feet. Those two would probably be your best option for now. Then I'd say head, especially the +2 one, is very useful (you can team up with some people doing Ulhuadshi for the coins for the head +2). I'd say legs next and finally hands (which aren't all that useful for you at this point).
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Qoqqo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes,
    luckly i have a LS that can help me having all this stuffs... my thinking is only related to the fact that as i am quite "new" again in this game (my old char was lost in 2009) i am in general trying to disturb as less as possible the other guys for "easy" things...
    thanks for the reply and sorry if my questions seems a bit "silly" but as i want to be as best as i can as a summoner i try to learn from you that know the job better than me!
    (0)

Look up Karura Hachigane too. I'd say it's still the best piece for garuda meleeing and predator claws. I imagine that the mob is probably soloable at 99 now too, Though you probably want to duo with a THF as drop is affected by TH.
    (0)

Character
    Qoqqo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I will check for it, that's in my wishlist from a long time . Just a question... how long and boring is the "photoshooting"?
    i mean... does i need to shoot 2?5?10?100 mobs? or is something easier? i cannot find anywhere a table to understand more or less the number of shoots i need to take...
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just a question... how long and boring is the "photoshooting"?
    I haven't done it in a while, but I understand they increased zeni rewards significantly. I don't know how much exactly it is either, but it should not take long at all, even to get several trigs. It didn't take too lang back in the day either.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast