Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I went and tested out the new Apollyon zone on the test server. It's a bunch of demons that can 2-hour. I think I used Fan Dance . . . once? Against the boss? Really what I needed was more damage (rode Saber). I could barely kill an entire group of demons in half an hour (mostly because the bosses had so much HP).

But yeah, if I can solo content that isn't even released yet and is designed for a party without using Fan Dance, what is a possible justification for it?
    (1)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Dnc can without much effort, get 26% waltz potency and be using desulter -5 cost and -2 delay head.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I---what? ....
    (2)

Player
    An extra 18 seconds to Haste Samba with 5/5 Saber Dance is very... underwhelming. If it weren't for the Relic+2 Pants augment, I would be removing 4 of my merits from Saber Dance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thoraeon; 05-16-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    24 seconds, unless they nerfed it?
    (1)

Player
    Oh yes, because 24 secs is much better... (Isn't 20% of 90 secs only 18 secs? or does it also apply to the additional 30 secs from Artifact Head?)
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It also applies to AF head.

But yeah, you can look up and see my opinions on the subject. +20% is a stupidly short duration increase.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah, I just checked... oh boy 24 secs.

What would have been good to see would have been a static increase. Ideally an extra 1 min duration to make Haste Samba recast coincide with Saber Dance recast, but I suppose that would be too much to hope for. Once pants come out that are better than the Relic+2, I may be dumping some of my Saber Dance merits.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    looking back on things i guess i actually havent soloed much with fan dance since maybe 90 or so was the last time, been busy on other jobs and group things where i am another job. but i mostly used it for the mobs that hit me for like 500-700 dmg regularly (AKA no crit).

seems like that one cockatrice in altepa abby comes to mind. but that was all a learning experience as i was doin it. droppin those hard hits down to less than 20 dmg a hit when he would get thru shadows was a godsend. i didnt have much of a pdt set back then either. he could mute and stone me so those times i had fan dance up could be life savers.

and since then when i am dnc if i ever end up using my tp more for curing and it gets more difficult to actually mount an offense i start using fan dance and generally makes everything easier (sometimes its less bout how fast i can kill that NM nobody else is waiting on but how stressful it can be for me NOTE: im not one of those solo it for an hour kinda guys btw).

usually when i try something for the first time i try it with fan dance and usually end up just using haste samba pretty quickly in the end. with the changes now i may just cut it down to 1/5 fan dance or cut it all together. with the ease of things with level 99 and a new whm mule it just isnt worth as much.
    (1)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7