Character
    Silvra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Blood Pact Timers

Hey guys, wanted to propose the idea or just inquiry on your thoughts. But do you all feel its still viable that our Blood Pacts are restricted by 2 timers. In that respect, for example with carbuncle. Healing Ruby and Healing Ruby II are effectively a Cure and a Curaga type ability, yet they share the same timer. On damage blood pacts you have multiple abilities which all share the same timer, so time wise a lvl1 blood pact is just as time restricted as a lvl 70 blood pact. We all know that a 1,000-4,000 damage ability should be more restricted than an ability that can do 100-500 on average. So what if all of our abilities were on separate timers? This may currently be due to system/game restrictions but I was curious on your thoughts on this. I would like to see all of the bloodpacts on separate timers. In regards to -BP timer gear, maybe change it to -% time.
    (1)
    I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I don't get it.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't dislike your idea. It sounds good as long as no BPs get increased timers from what they have now. I just don't think it's realistic. The FFXI devs seem to have a severe case of Yunaphobia. That is the irrational fear that the SMN job will become an effective and important part of the game. Until they get over that, we SMNs will always be screwed.
    (3)

Character
    Silvra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its more relevant for some avatars over others. Garuda for example, you could throw down a PClaws then an Aero IV, then Whispering wind 1-2 times in the time it would take for PClaws, Aero IV to come back up.
    (0)
    I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I don't get it.

Player
    This suggestion has been what SMNs have been crying for years about. many great systems have been suggested, SE just doesn't like the fact that SMN can already solo most content, and they view that as powerful, where in fact it really is just wasting our own time...Solo we're great, put us in a party and people start asking, "SMN?... You got any other jobs?". This shouldn't happen to any job, SE.
    (3)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It seems odd to me that the magic recast / haste / casting time caps are all 80%, yet the BP cap is stuck at 25%.
    (7)
    Last edited by Dantedmc; 04-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    It seems odd to me that the magic recast / haste / casting time caps are all 80%, yet the BP cap is stuck at 25%.
    It's not like we could even spam BPs so often that we'd be over-powered, since we still need MP. Except maybe in VW.
    (4)

Even if we could BP Every 30 seconds, We'd likely still not out-damage a good DD in any event. Our 75 BP's are strong but even the buffest 75BP/70BP Still comes behind on a good Melee WS.

Bloodpacts should be reduced to 15~30 Seconds i think. Maybe Reduced to 45 Seconds Naturally, and 15~30 Through Gear? The whole thing, Including Blood Pact: Wards being buffed to not be worthless second-rate skills, Needs to be revisited. SMN seems to be the only job that perpetually feels like it stayed at level 75...
    (6)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    While they're at it remove the stupid BST TP timers.

TP/MP should be the deciding factor on use, not TP/MP and an extra timer.
    (2)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think I'd be satisfied if all they did was add charge system a la sch or cor and give us 2 chargers for rage and 2 for ward. I'd also be nice if they would remove the pointless 3 second charge up animation that goes off every time you BP. I don't know what the point of it is, but I've lost track of how many BP have failed to go off and I lose the timer thanks to stun/petrify/sleep/terror/amnesia/avatar dying/etc happening before the BP actually goes off.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    I don't know what the point of it is, but I've lost track of how many BP have failed to go off and I lose the timer thanks to stun/petrify/sleep/terror/amnesia/avatar dying/etc happening before the BP actually goes off.
    Or someone else kills the mob such as happens all the time in WoE
    (1)