Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Tanking TP build in Abyssea for me without a Bard would be:
    Twashtar/Eva Kila+2/____/Charis
    AF3+2/AF3/Suppa/Brutal
    AF3+2/Dusk+1/Epona's/Rajas
    Blur/Twilight/AF3+2/Ballerines

If I have a co-tank, obviously I switch between that set and a full-on DD TP set. I keep a full evasion set for recovering from big TP moves. My evasion set mixes in SB:
    Twashtar/Kila+2/____/Charis
    Fugacity/Torero/Musical/Novia
    SH+1/Slither/Heed/Rajas
    Blur/Scouter's/AF3+2/Ballerines
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
    FAIL!

heres my Eva set

Dagger (main hand): Fusetto+2, (offhand) Parazonium+2
    Ammo: Charis feather
    Head: Emperor hairpin (empress hairpin)
    Neck: Evasion Torque
    Earring: Brutal earring, Suppanomimi
    Ring: Raja, Airy Ring
    Hands: AF2 (+1)
    Body: Furia vest
    Back: Boxers mantle
    Waist: Scouter's Rope
    Legs: Charis tights +1
    Feet: Emissary Boots (some ppl say Ballerinas are the same)

You dont need Eva dagger and Aurore Body is allways fail!
    Um... ok?

Aurore has better evasion then your body and more DD stats.... Airy ring for Eva? lulz, Torero>Eva Torque, lolfusetto, Charis tights+1???. Emissary boots??, I dunno why you called my eva set fail when yours is worse.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeoni View Post
    Fan Dance and Saber dance are he only 2 G2 worth meriting, No foot rise and closed position are extremely limited and can be made up with gear respectively. This is my opinion.
    No it's 5/5 closed possision, 2/3 No foot rise(You don't need more then that.) and 3/5 fan dance. You don't make up for closed possition with gear, you add gear on top of it. Plus, adds emnity. And spoogy? Realy? I've never waste any gear slot for 1% dual weild. Might as well drop your scouter's for a sarashi while you're at it.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sarashi is our only access to 1% Dual Wield. Neck is 3% (and 5 SB), Suppa is 5%, and Body is 10% (and 10 SB).

I like 5/5 Saber Dance, 2/5 No Foot Rise, 2/5 Closed Position, 1/5 Fan Dance, but I'm used to having good enough support that Fan Dance is genuinely only for very severe situations where my party basically needs a break in the middle of an NM (maybe I need to backwards tank and wait for them to unweaken, etc).
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I like 5/5 Saber Dance, 2/5 No Foot Rise, 2/5 Closed Position, 1/5 Fan Dance, but I'm used to having good enough support that Fan Dance is genuinely only for very severe situations where my party basically needs a break in the middle of an NM (maybe I need to backwards tank and wait for them to unweaken, etc).
    I end the one tanking ironclad whatever while everyone else is... well, dead. So I need fan to be always up.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I end the one tanking ironclad whatever while everyone else is... well, dead. So I need fan to be always up.
    Yeah... I'm not! If we're fighting Ironclads, generally my group is doing it for Red !! proc anyway, so I go WAR. I'm not sure I've ever fought an Ironclad on Dancer. I'm minorly interested in trying to solo Alfard on DNC. But . . . . lazzyyyy
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    No it's 5/5 closed possision, 2/3 No foot rise(You don't need more then that.) and 3/5 fan dance. You don't make up for closed possition with gear, you add gear on top of it. Plus, adds emnity. And spoogy? Realy? I've never waste any gear slot for 1% dual weild. Might as well drop your scouter's for a sarashi while you're at it.
    You're right, i worded that wrong. What i meant was, the evasion and accuracy given isn't needed. Not only that, it doesn't benefit you 24/7 in every situation and role a dancer fills, so it IS in fact limited if you do decide to merit it. This is my personal Opinion if you did not notice the last sentence i wrote.

No foot rise has no use in my opinion because there is simply no point. You need these extra steps because? Your reverse flourish is on a set timer so you are not gaining any extra TP once you begin to melee. If you're saying you need to because you can't get TP on a mob, you shouldn't have come dancer to the fight in the first place. The only benefit No foot rise gives a person is that once you begin doing said activity you instantly have 5 steps to reverse flourish after gaining 10TP. For the rest of said activity it loses its usefulness because you have TP and steps if you're doing your job right.
    Furthermore Dancer has this wonderful Job ability called Presto that can be used every second step rounding out your Step maximum capacity.
    The entire reason is that I can gain 5 steps about 2-5 seconds or so faster than i can reverse flourish them so having extra steps does me no good.

My point is, the only reason to have No foot rise is if you can't melee a mob, in which case you shouldn't have shown up to the fight as a dancer.

If you can justify yourself other than just saying "No" please do, otherwise i have no reason to take anything you just said into consideration.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeoni; 03-19-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Capitalization

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You're right, i worded that wrong. What i meant was, the evasion and accuracy given isn't needed. not only that, it doesn't benefit you 24/7 in ever situation. It is my personal Opinion if you did not notice the last sentence i wrote.
    And just because something isn't a constant effect, in my case closed possision is a near constant, don't make it something worthless.
    No foot rise has no use in my opinion because there is simply no point. You need these extra steps because? Your reverse flourish is on a set timer so you are not gaining any extra TP once you begin to melee. If you're saying you need to because you can't get TP on a mob, you shouldn't have come dancer to the fight in the first place. The only benefit No foot rise gives a person is that once you begin doing said activity you instantly have 5 steps to reverse flourish after gaining 10TP. For the rest of said activity it loses its usefulness because you have TP and steps if you're doing your job right.
    Furthermore Dancer has this wonderful Job ability called Presto that can be used every second step rounding out your Step maximum capacity.
    The entire reason is that I can gain 5 steps about 2-5 seconds or so faster than i can reverse flourish them so having extra steps does me no good.

My point is, the only reason to have No foot rise is if you can't melee a mob, in which case you shouldn't have shown up to the fight as a dancer.

If you can justify yourself other than just saying "No" please do, otherwise i have no reason to take anything you just said into consideration.
    No Foot Rise has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with TP gain. When you're standing around with no mob and no finishing moves, where are you going to get them? But on the note of TP, presto/step/foot/reverse instead of step/step.
    (0)

No Foot Rise has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with TP gain. When you're standing around with no mob and no finishing moves, where are you going to get them?
    Please tell me the situation you're describing. It's going to be very, very few where you're surrounded by no mobs. Even then, can't you just build FMs on whatever you're going after? Takes 30 secs max to 5/5...

NFR merits are just for convenience, they aren't usefull at all.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Please tell me the situation you're describing. It's going to be very, very few where you're surrounded by no mobs. Even then, can't you just build FMs on whatever you're going after? Takes 30 secs max to 5/5...

NFR merits are just for convenience, they aren't usefull at all.
    Standing around, means not fighting, not nothing to fight. Starting of with finishing moves means starting off stonger. And how is TPing during idle unusefull?
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast