Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Let avatars keep their enmity they build up after a resummon of the same avatar!

Let avatars keep their enmity they build up after a resummon of the same avatar!

BST and PUP are allowed to heal their pets often and keep them out longer and...and..AND transfer enmity to them. Why can't SMN do the same.

If you summon Shiva and let build hate...let her retain it after she dies and is resummoned...that would SMN pet tank a bit better. Wipe all enmity if a different avatar is chosen..that would keep balance.

I like SMN, but not being able to pet tank like PUP and BST makes me sad inside.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Every pet and person looses hate on KO.

So no, BST and PUP heals as they have a longer than 30 second recast timer, SMN's can heal them self, and you can also use Dawn Mulsum. SMN can also keep their pets out as long as PUP and longer than BST so I fail to see your point there....
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-26-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Player
    Yes, every pet and person will lose hate on K.O.; however, it would be great if that did not happen to the avatar upon K.O. If the summon K.O.'s and the SAME avatar is resummoned, then the enmity built from the previous summon will stack on the new summon, granted it is the SAME avatar. I know SMN can heal themselves and can hold out their avatars same length of time as a BST or PUP, no arguement there. I understand the dawn mulsum, but my point is the lack of enmity retainment for avatars. BST has Spur and PUP has Ventriloquy, SMN doesn't have anything like that. This is my point.
    (0)

Player
    Meant Snarl. :/
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    So realistically you'd want an Ability like BST or PUP to pass your hate to a pet. Keeping hate on KO will never be added, it'd be broken beyond belief.
    (1)

Player
    I know. Sucks, but eh, one can dream.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    So realistically you'd want an Ability like BST or PUP to pass your hate to a pet.
    This has been requested by Hvergelmir SMN, and has (so far) not received much love. That isn't to say that SE isn't thinking about enmity already.

Here is SE's design:

1) Myrkr deals no damage, and does not even count as an aggressive action.
    2) Pet Haste belt.
    3) Avatar healing via Dawn Mulsum (items are near 0 hate)
    4) More damage via BP through MUCH better gear.
    5) promise of faster BPs
    6) -enmity out the ears

It's still not enough. I would personally like an ability that adds the hate generated by the SMN during melee to the Avatar instead of the player. This would prevent a dead avatar from instantly tanking for the party, but would offer protection if a soloing smn has to resummon.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think hate doesn't transfer because even though it's the same avatar, it's a different summon. Summoners create pacts with the avatars and afterwards gain the ability to conjure imitations of them.

When one dies, your summoning an entirely new avatar, even if it bares the same name and resemblence...

Pretty sure Square Enix won't make any changes to hate carrying over but you can keep asking for a job ability, or maybe even some kind of incense consumable item for fun that erases your hate?
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    SMN's can heal them self
    No they can't, smn/healer can. Smn with no sub has no other abilities than its pets, it wears light armour and can't hold it's own in a fight without a pet, unlike bst drg and pup. Smn is completely reliant on its pets yet it gets no ability for giving hate to it's pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I think hate doesn't transfer because even though it's the same avatar, it's a different summon. Summoners create pacts with the avatars and afterwards gain the ability to conjure imitations of them.

When one dies, your summoning an entirely new avatar, even if it bares the same name and resemblence...
    well if you think about it logically like this then look at it from the monsters point of view, you kill ifrit cause you're really pissed off at him, then you turn around to go kill the summoner who summoned him, but by the time you turn around there's ifrit again! You'd still be just as pissed off at him if not more so.

I personally think avatars should get an automatic cover effect on the smn so you can hide behind your avatar, it makes sense as they are your protectors and will help keep the smn alive while the summon gets hate, will also keep us safe while they are doing their stupid summoning animation
    (1)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 03-26-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    No they can't, smn/healer can. Smn with no sub has no other abilities than its pets, it wears light armour and can't hold it's own in a fight without a pet, unlike bst drg and pup. Smn is completely reliant on its pets yet it gets no ability forgiving hate to it's pet.

well if you think about it logically like this then look at it from the monsters point of view, you kill if rot cause you're really pissed off at him, then you turn around to go kill the summoner who summoned him, but by the time you turn around there's if rot again! You'd still be just as pissed off at him if not more so.

I personally think avatars should get an automatic cover effect on the smn so you can hide behind your avatar, it makes sense as they are your protectors and will help keep the smn alive while the summon gets hate, will also keep us safe while they are doing their stupid summoning animation
    I mean't their pets can heal, not the actual summoner.... That said what SMN doesn't sub a /mage....
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast