Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I mean't their pets can heal, not the actual summoner.... That said what SMN doesn't sub a /mage....
    First off SMN is the abbreviation for summoner, so don't "..." Me for your mistake.

Second off I didn't say they don't sub Mage I said they have no innate healing, which, thinking your comment was directed at the summoner, makes them no different to all other pet jobs.

And finally, so what? Smn pets can heal themselves. bst gets reward, pup gets repair and drg gets spirit link, they can all heal, but this makes no difference if the pet's not the one taking hits because it's lightly armoured master has no way to get enmity on to it then dies in a couple of hits while the pet is standing there posing instead of helping you.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    How much hate are you generating on a mob that can kill you in a few hits? Avatars protect their masters, meaning if you have hate as soon as it's summoned, it's racing after the monster on you and swiping; not standing there. And you should probably have a BP ready by that point to spike damage for hate. Unless you really are somehow going all out on melee damage an spamming Cure IV, I've seen it easily managed before.

I agree with adding a JA to pass hate onto the pet but that's the only thing really needed. a SMN "Snarl".
    (0)

Player
    I definitely want an auto-cover for our pets... it definitely makes perfect sense. They're sworn by a pact to protect us AND they're large in size.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    First off SMN is the abbreviation for summoner, so don't "..." Me for your mistake.

Second off I didn't say they don't sub Mage I said they have no innate healing, which, thinking your comment was directed at the summoner, makes them no different to all other pet jobs.

And finally, so what? Smn pets can heal themselves. bst gets reward, pup gets repair and drg gets spirit link, they can all heal, but this makes no difference if the pet's not the one taking hits because it's lightly armoured master has no way to get enmity on to it then dies in a couple of hits while the pet is standing there posing instead of helping you.

anyway....

Exactly, that makes them equal minus it costing the SMN (and it's pet) nothing to heal other than easy to get MP. That said I never disagreed with SMN getting a JA to pass their hate they get so long as it is also locked to 1~2 minute recast timer.

I WONT agree with them keeping hate on KO, it makes no sense when no other job does that, nor would I agree on something as absurd as Automatic Cover. What is the point of a game where they remove any basic Danger.

"Oh no my Avatar died, no problem it's re-summoned can't die now, wahoo!"
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-26-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Player
    I wouldn't want auto-cover either. Kiting is too easy already. Whatever ability they give SMN has to be tied to generating/accumulating emnity.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2