Character
    Cleavenseagal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 21

Jet stream always terrible?

I was told that chaining with Jet stream was great and that jet stream in general was great. The only thing I have found with this spell is that it is sometimes not bad and the rest of time a giant MP sink.

My bludgeon does around 100-150 most of the time on current targets with some spikes higher and lower. Jet stream does 130-200 with some spikes a little high and lower. The problem is it costs almost 3 times as much MP to cast.

The only time I can find that Jet stream wins out is in a SC and even then I am not sure by how much because Fast Blade almost always does a lot more damage then Red Lotus.

Also I am a Galka so my stats and gear benefit Jet Stream mods more then Bludgeon..... Am I missing something?
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Has been absolute ages since I was around that level, but I do recall jet Stream being superior while skillchaining. I'm relatively certain that I did not cast it otherwise.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    tp and attribute modifiers are only active under chain affinity, that's when jet stream is good, you've probably not been seeing it's best results if you've only been using it out of chain affinity or for skillchains (seein as you have to use all your tp on the WS)
    (0)

Player
    it's decent in pvp~ against shadow-users(in lvl caps)
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's the best CA'able spell by the moment you got CA at lv40.
    RLB -> CA Jet Stream -> BA Bomb toss is what the old BLU used to do.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wait... your not casting Jet Stream at like level 90 or 99 are you? Cuz thats definitely terrible, but if your using it when it becomes available and a few levels after, than ya your good until you get Cannonball, or depending on monster weakness.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For self SC at lower levels, I was always underwhelmed with jet stream myself. I always preferred to use uppercut instead.
    (0)

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sub thf and self sc with it does great damage outside of self sc'ing i wouldn't bother using.
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Wait... your not casting Jet Stream at like level 90 or 99 are you? Cuz thats definitely terrible, but if your using it when it becomes available and a few levels after, than ya your good until you get Cannonball, or depending on monster weakness.
    Sadly I have seen some BLU use at 99. Guess what list they wind up if I catch them at it?
    (0)