Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

New enhancing spell for RDM to promote party support.

A spell designed to help tanks or healers or damage dealers or even themselves from ridiculously overpowered AoE's that have been the trend in Voidwatch and now also Legion(from my observations of the test server runs).

Fortuity
    Level 96
    Makes you immune from Severely Damaging Attacks.

Basically a similar effect to Earthen Armor/Scherzo or Migawari but single target and castable on others.

Realistically I can see SE stealing this idea and making it self-cast on RDM and giving WHM an AoE version called Fortuna, screwing RDM out of unique spells like they did with Gain and Boost spells. :/
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They should add a spell that gives the target (party member) up to 20% Double Attack to the game for Red Mage to cast on other people. We can call it Temper II. Also, we should add a single target (party member) spell that gives up to 25 STR to the game. We can call it "Gain STR II." Both could be obtained through tier 3 job merits. Bam! Red Mage would be relevant again as a healer for old content/meleeburns!

Or we could just fix RDM's native enhancing magic and let them target other players.
    (7)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    They should add a spell that gives the target (party member) up to 20% Double Attack to the game for Red Mage to cast on other people. We can call it Temper II. Also, we should add a single target (party member) spell that gives up to 25 STR to the game. We can call it "Gain STR II." Both could be obtained through tier 3 job merits. Bam! Red Mage would be relevant again as a healer for old content/meleeburns!

Or we could just fix RDM's native enhancing magic and let them target other players.
    SE already said not no but hell no.

Anyway that would just 75 era cycles all over again. Haste Temper Cure IV, Haste Temper Cure IV, Haste Temper Cure IV. With the same predictable results.
    (4)

Player
    Only if you suck and don't have AF3 and Composure for like triple duration on others. And god forbid RDM has something useful to cast rather than just sit there doing nothing, recasting Dia III every few minutes and nothing else. Haste already lasts like 12-15 minutes on other people with the right gear and we have so much haste and fastcast gear available that you can do a whole buff cycle on a single party in less than 1 minute and not have to recast it for another 15.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 03-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Only if you suck and don't have AF3 and Composure for like triple duration on others. And god forbid RDM has something useful to cast rather than just sit there doing nothing, recasting Dia III every few minutes and nothing else. Haste already lasts like 12-15 minutes on other people with the right gear and we have so much haste and fastcast gear available that you can do a whole buff cycle on a single party in less than 1 minute and not have to recast it for another 15.
    AF3+2 is just under double, you're thinking of SCH with near triple.
    (0)

Player
    Well they could always up the duration of all enhancing magic. You know, that's a thing.
    (2)

Player
    Rikkuri's statement from the Devs was that Rdm spells will not be made AoE. They can and should at the minimum be changed to Single Target, and it would help if their duration was increased.
    (3)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I just see it as the simplest option. They have a smaller Dev team than ever, and I have to imagine this is the easiest way to restore real demand from the job while keeping it unique from WHM. Client-side, at least, it is literally just a flag in the .dats. If they built their system logically, I don't really see why it would be more than that server-side.

If he could give me +25 STR, +20% DA, and more potent Cure 3/4s, my mule would come RDM a lot more often and would be a lot more useful when he came. I have to imagine this would be the case in any old-content event, where you're typically would take increased killspeed over WHM's defensive advantages/Cure V+VI/etc.
    (4)

Player
    Cue the tinfoil hat commander in 3...2...1...
    (1)

Player
    Red Mage receiving new or re-purposed enhancing magic in general would be a great thing. As it is now, the job has a lot of amazing abilities, traits, and equipment bonuses to apply to spells but very little of unique value to cast making those things moot.

It's like SE built an awesome foundation with the Empyrean armor and other recent additions, and then stuck two tents dubbed "Temper" and "Addle" on it instead of building a house.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    If they built their system logically
    (5)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast