Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hey, i have an honest question... ive been working on a melee build for rdm... when its finished it will have 26% Gear haste (kind off a duh), EDIT: and of course spell haste, 47% double attack, 20 from temper and 27 from gear, (11 from sword, 3 from atheling mantle, 3 from portus collar, 3 from calmacac trousers, 2 from royal Royal Redingote, and 5 from brutal earring) and 8% gear dual wield suppa and redingote)
    link to ffxiah gear list: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/237585 (keep in mind it doesnt show augment stuff)

just how would that add up in this debate?

EDIT: and before anyone rants about why Excal, go Almace... ive wanted an excalibur WAY back before the lvl cap update...ever since i was lvling rdm, read the recommended sword list, it said excal was best but dont even think about it, its a pipe dream... and i thought...challenge accepted
    oh and before you rant about the double attack sword... i built it back then it was thought that the double attack would be more...potent then the str sword...(that and ive seen the target list...and i dont wanna deal with that lol)
    (0)
    Last edited by Tassidaru; 03-24-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Enspells overwrites Excal's additional effect, don't they?
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes Enspells interfere with Xcal's add effect. Ends up being a toss up between them, enspells activate on every hit on both hands, Xcal only activates on main hand but does tons more damage. No info on bgwiki for it's proc rate but I'd head 5~10% as the rate.

Tass use the STR Magian weapon over the DA one. I have both, at 99 the STR one wins. Use Ogre Brego gloves over Dusk +1, unless their price has climbed into the stratosphere. Their basically the same but you don't need to worry about movement speed penalty. For Rings go Rajas + Tyrants and for the love of god do not use DA on your body. DW +3 and either Acc or Atk (I favor Attack as Acc is easier to deal with now). Hasty pinion is rarely worth it, between that and E.feet your adding another round till 100 while only gaining something like 0.4% haste (cap is 25, your gear lies to you). It might be a wash though. I tend to use Rancor collar for when I'm fighting anything that can't instantly kill me or that damage intake isn't an issue.

Xcal is fine if your going to be spamming Req instead. Req > KOTR, luckily as a RDM you should have all that MND gear anyway for your enfeebles.

-=Edit=-

having a bad day, typed Ogre but really meant brego.
    (0)
    Last edited by saevel; 03-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Excal's additional effect is a 10% proc rate. We're working out some template issues and then will re-do all the mythic/empyrean/relic pages. Laev, Twashtar, and Apocalypse are some examples, though we're still figuring out exactly what's going to happen.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Excal's additional effect is a 10% proc rate. We're working out some template issues and then will re-do all the mythic/empyrean/relic pages. Laev, Twashtar, and Apocalypse are some examples, though we're still figuring out exactly what's going to happen.
    On the BG Page would it not look better like so:
    • Apocalypse (Level 75)
    • Apocalypse (Level 80)
    • Apocalypse (Level 85)
    • Apocalypse (Level 90)
    • Apocalypse (Level 95)
    • Apocalypse (Level 99)
    • Apocalypse (Level 99 Afterglow) or Apocalypse (Level 99) Afterglow

Apocalypse (Level 99 II) looks strange
    (0)

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    the rule of thumb i was taught was was that 26% gear haste guarantees the cap of 25% (because gear of say 4% is actually closer to 3.8% or something like that). and the keen is a placeholder for the raja, (i dont have it yet, im close but not quite to the fight, and id have to test if its worth it, and -here's the important thing- almost all the gear listed, is gear for tp (meleeing), im the kind of rdm that has no problem swapping every piece of gear for spells/ws) and I did a build of pure atk and it doesn't really change my per swing dmg, (im talking about over 600 atk, almost 700, w/o food), so eh, and why in the hell are you saying drop 4% haste and go for str? what? in a tp build? explain that one to me... even if atk was superior to haste...(not likely), the dusk has atk 6 where the ogre has str 6 (atk 3~) and crunching numbers over the excal, regardless, it gives me options, if <t> is physical def heavy (pdt) enspell, magic def heavy, (mdt) add. effect (which deals slashing dmg, physical) and please don't forget, the 99 relics boost they're ws with a straight 30% dmg boost, (info was announced with the last patch notes), i havnt seen testing for them, but im sure that it would but KoR close to CDC
    oh and i almost forgot, there is a way for a solo dnc to have spell haste...the oynos knife and with 186 delay its a rather nifty little off hand dagger
    (0)
    Last edited by Tassidaru; 03-25-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassidaru;297924e
    why in the hell are you saying drop 4% haste and go for str? what? in a tp build? explain that one to me... even if atk was superior to haste...(not likely), the dusk has atk 6 where the ogre has str 6 (atk 3~)
    he had to have meant brego, not ogre. typo i'm sure. brego are 4% haste 9 acc 5 str

also, we all understand that the 99 relic boosts the ws dmg by 40%. knights of round is just that bad.

excalibur itself is better than almace, but cdc is miles ahead of KoR.

i have an almace myself and i plan on making an excalibur soon pretty much just.. because it's an excalibur.. but i'll likely be using it with death blossom or requiscat. you prolly should be to.
    (2)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 03-25-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    well, that does make a lot more sense... then again...its like 200k for dusk +1 and 1.5m for the brego, so unless i get them to drop, im sticking with the dusk lol

eh, i hate the look of the almace...it was designed with pld af3 in mind...same as the ochain, which makes sense, hawt pld ory shield. but the more i look at the almace, the more i wonder if they built it as for pld, then stuck blu and rdm buttons on it... and thought "lets stick a frenchy sounding name to the ws so the rdm wont bitch"

that and i'm not really impressed with CDC its not nearly good enough to warrent the goofy animation imo, and if i really wanted a ws dmg race, id be on my dnc/sam in aby doing 4kevis to 2k DE to 4kEvis for 5k darkness, no empy required lol

oh and ive been wondering why the hell not have DA on body...its not like acc is an issue ever, and atk on melee hits is kinda blah, (if i wanted to ws/melee in an atk body id use my assault jerkin lol)
    (1)
    Last edited by Tassidaru; 03-25-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassidaru View Post
    well, that does make a lot more sense... then again...its like 200k for dusk +1 and 1.5m for the brego, so unless i get them to drop, im sticking with the dusk lol
    The convenience of not having to switch gloves every time we go out of combat is worth the extra million gil. >.>;
    eh, i hate the look of the almace...it was designed with pld af3 in mind...same as the ochain, which makes sense, hawt pld ory shield. but the more i look at the almace, the more i wonder if they built it as for pld, then stuck blu and rdm buttons on it... and thought "lets stick a frenchy sounding name to the ws so the rdm wont bitch"
    I wouldn't go that far. The sword itself looks horribly unbalanced. Hilt is too short, blade is too wide. I commented once by calling Almace the ineffective brother of Clemente (from Tales of Destiny), just without the soul of the perverted old man living inside the sword. CDC's reference to Zorro would have been more notable if Almace was a rapier, though the blade's name is apparently taken from the blade of the Archbishop of Turpin (in before "l0l archbishops dunt belong in teh front l0lz").
    (3)
    Last edited by Duelle; 03-25-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

again, don't wanna trash excalibur, it definitely CAN be competitive, and it IS the only sword with excalibur in its name...

but CdC is one of the better ws's like.. game wide, particularly in aby. if it isn't good enough for you, nothing RDM can use will be. it really is rdm's best ws. excalibur is still valid because of solid base dmg, an epic att boost, and a hidden dmg multiplier not tied to any aftermath, but don't underestimate almace just because you don't like the... look? of it...

boiled down i think it's a fair summary to say in abyssea, almace is better. outside abyssea, excalibur is better. but the difference in aby is a lot more significant than the difference outside.

also, as for DA vs att, you need to look at it as the long term average. sure you're not gonna notice +10 att on one hit.. but if it adds even... 2 points per swing? over the course of 100 swings that's 200 dmg. whereas 2% double attack will only get you 2 swings over that 100.

now of course how much those 2 free swings are worth, will vary depending on how hard you were hitting it already, if you hit for 50 dmg/swing, thats 100 dmg added per 100 swings. if you hit 100/swing, 200 dmg.

then of course the double attack helps build tp faster, but how valuable that tp will be depends on the strength of your ws's so that's yet another thing to consider.

i'm not really gonna advocate one over the other, DA vs. ATT, but again, it's not nearly so cut and dry as you seem to think it is.
    (3)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast