Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I know I've seen the suggested before but can't seem to find your's. Can you post a link? I'd like to try and get this thread back on topic with something that actual has to do with enhancing magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    We need this in the "actual" spells Faith and Bravery (only one can be up), I definitely don't want JA's as there is no real need, and spells can gain the benefit of being improved on by more enhancing which is more suited to RDM.

Could be:

Faith
    Increases Magical damage and accuracy.
    Lv. 99 RDM

Magic Accuracy: 10~25
    Magic Attack Bonus: 5~15

Bravery
    Increases melee accuracy and attack.
    Lv. 99 RDM

Accuracy: 5~15
    Attack: 5~15%

While I think RDM should get more buffs for party members these two would fall in line with Temper and Enspells in that they can only augment the RDM's strength.

These can be later increased via gear change on cast, same with temper which I'd personally give a 5% Chance of Triple Attack on under the guise of Augments "Temper".

Personally I'd go along the line of RDM gaining semi-strong spells to fall in line with: Making themselves demi-gods while potentially adding a tier II weaker version in line with Phalanx II for party targetable Such as Temper II: 5~10% DA.

As for not much space left for new spells that's down to SE to remove said limitation, not work around it.
    I just copy and pasted.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You can't actually have both Haste Samba and enspells.

I assumed the Dancer would get Haste because they benefit from it more than the Red Mage (both in terms of DPS and overall damage), so if the Red Mage was restricted to only casting it once, he should still cast it on the Dancer.
    *Cough*
    You didn't read, at least I give you the courteously of reading.
    Ahh now I see, your adding all the Haste up, which makes sense, except if your giving the DNC Haste spell then the RDM gets that fully merited Haste Samba effect, disable enspells for that. Brings things much more in line.
    The RDM and DNC are not in the same party, their soloing their own infinite HP brick walls. There is no second "off screen" mule backing either job up. This isn't a contest on who has the most support, in that case why are we even limiting it to "haste", why not make it a BRD/WHM doing double march's and haste and dia II.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I would gladly discuss better enhancing magic, I like enhancing magic. All this DPS comparison X vs Y fighting a brick wall with infinite HP is just in response to NQ's old claim that RDM as "the worst DD evar!!" where he said RDM was 30% behind BLU and then that DNC / THF / NIN blow RDM away. Of course once it comes time to actually demonstrate, well turns out the BLU statement as a "guess" and really a BLU vs a gimped RDM. The DNC / NIN / THF statements were really "buffed dou DNC / THF / NIN" vs "soloist RDM". And "50%" was really "3~10%". I stated RDM should be behind DNC / NIN / THF / BLU but still within the same bracket, or about ~20%.

In reality none of that matters much, there will never be a situation where you have those respective job ~only~ meleeing with outside buffs, except possibly the NIN. If a group only needed damage from a slot they would bring a SAM / MNK / WAR / DRG / DRK instead.
    (3)

Player
    20% less DPS isn't in the same bracket. It isn't. Stop acting like it is. Where did I say Rdm was the worst DD? I said it was a bad one, which, well, it is (being behind in DPS of every other light DD, especially an autoattacking hybrid, is terrible). If the only DDs you can confirm to beat are the mages and 1 of the support jobs, I got bad news...

I can't even respond to the rest, I feel my IQ dropping just looking at it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    RDM needs to fill have a unique spell which makes it a niche job again, particularly something which I
    improves other melee jobs.

One idea I have is a spell which is a targetable buff (like Haste) that treats all of the users weaponskills as if used at 300 TP and also triggers Level 3 aftermaths.

Another idea I have is a spell which increases the targets critical hit damage, perhaps with a hard cap so to not make jobs which already have high critical hit rates and damage too obscene.

Another idea I have is a
    (2)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Just a thought, but since SE Idea is having RDM being a self buffing mage that keeps all it's best stuff to itself. Does any one have any idea for a self only buff for RDM that would not be consider imbalance? I only ask this because it seems like as a group were all going against the grain of what SE envision the job as.
    Well, someone had suggested a spell that overwrites Temper that gives us +MAB/Affinity or something along those lines.
    Haste II: Increase both att speed and movement rate. Scale's with enhancing magic.
    This would be real interesting. I would change movement speed to Evasion Rate, though. Movement speed would rub the developers the wrong way, since they seem to think anyone moving faster than molasses that is not a BRD or THF is plain broken OP. Also, if we're gonna make it scale with Enhancing Magic, then the attack speed effect should be slightly stronger than Haste I at 500 skill or whatever the cap is at 99 with gear.

(though I do admit, Movement speed would make it like how the guy that made Dead Fantasy used Haste >.>)
    (2)
    Last edited by Duelle; 03-17-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

nah dude, you gotta leave the movement speed on haste 2 so it can then wear off as soon as you take any offensive action against anything.

also, there's an rdm dps spreadsheet now? neat. where is it though? i hit the same googledocs link i got the pld one from and i just keep getting error 500?
    (2)

Player
    Seems to be down right now unfortunately.
    (0)

sad times.. i mean i've hacked up that pld spreadsheet pretty good (you should see my awesome shikargar with +18% da, +22 att, +15 acc, +23 dex, and +11 str!)

but i never bothered tackling enspell, and it would be nice to have a good clean one. mine is such a mess i have trouble keeping track of it.. bailing wire and duct tape...
    (1)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 03-19-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    sad times.. i mean i've hacked up that pld spreadsheet pretty good (you should see my awesome shikargar with +18% da, +22 att, +15 acc, +23 dex, and +11 str!)

but i never bothered tackling enspell, and it would be nice to have a good clean one. mine is such a mess i have trouble keeping track of it.. bailing wire and duct tape...
    Hey hey now. Many a splendid project involved duct tape. It's a perfectly fine solution
    (0)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast