Thread: Ranged WS

Character
    Ashido
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Ranged WS

I understand the whole balance objective of the game. But i am a 99 seasoned ranger and i don't Gain TP by hitting the mob with axes / daggers or even my staff. I Shoot to obtain TP. So Just wondering , is there any way to not have to be engaged to weapon skill on ranger. I understand that code wise there would probably be a lot to do to obtain this. There are 3 job's that i can think of that would actually benefit from this , A Relic Sam/RNG Combo , Corsair , and Ranger .

I personally do not have a issue with thing's the way they are, But it was just a thought.

Feel free to start the Troll / LOL @ you posts . But it never hurt's to ask .
    (2)

Player
    This seems like a reasonable request, but probably requires a monumental overhaul of the code base to achieve.

It'd be nice if they did it though.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This would make more sense on melee weaponskills. You could prepare SATA without having a melee hit take the buffs before you can navigate to the proper WS. Ranged WS don't have that problem. You're just standing there, safely out of melee range, often even far behind the mages! (Effectiveness might be impaired though .)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Except the maximum range on most ranged weaponskills is approx. 15 yalms, Empyreal/Detonator/Jishnu's are approx. 17 yalms, and you can cast from 20. Even if you can shoot from farther back, you still have to run in and engage to weaponskill.

They should extend the maximum range at the minimum imo however.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-06-2012 at 09:09 PM.

I'd like to see an "Auto-ranged attack" option that can be toggled on/off.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what