Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    (pretty sad when that bomb of a ff title has grown in one year to be a better time than the much loved xi in its current state)
    O.o did I read this correctly? Is it really worth playing!? All I can remember is getting the best GPU available, and a $500 CPU when this game came out and the game play was still choppy at best...
    (2)

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    yeah its a real mess.. between the higher ups not giving the devs support and they already behind like 2-3 months from the massive earthquake japan faced, game feels very light atm.. almost like it was back during wotg, thou thats not being fair. there is alot more content atm than there was during wotg >.>
    (2)

O.o did I read this correctly? Is it really worth playing!? All I can remember is getting the best GPU available, and a $500 CPU when this game came out and the game play was still choppy at best...
    It's still awful and has a tiny playerbase, they are doing server merges soon and they still won't muster more than a 500-1k per server. XI maybe in the crapper atm but XIV is not something to considering moving to as an upgrade, it's just as bad and has the same basic people behind it.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    It's still awful and has a tiny playerbase, they are doing server merges soon and they still won't muster more than a 500-1k per server. XI maybe in the crapper atm but XIV is not something to considering moving to as an upgrade, it's just as bad and has the same basic people behind it.
    That's funny because most of the servers have at least 500 per using your exampled numbers, and they want it to be around 2k+ per minimum, hence the merges. It has a smaller playerbase but at least XIV has a future, especially by time PS3 release rolls around, XI is played it, they know it we all know it. For as long as I played XI it's ok to admit that this game is on its last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    Those 9 new zones look like rehashes to me
    Which every MMO does this (don't fool yourself, every forest, dungeon, lava area etc is exactly the same as a previous one.)

I believe what players want is reassurance that their beloved game is still lively
    "New zones" doesn't make the game "lively" because there's tons of RoZ, CoP, ToAU and WoTG zones no one really cares for.

Why can't we have one as ground breaking as ToAU?
    FFXI is pretty much done for and the only thing "ground breaking" about ToAU was they listened to cry babies about CoP being too hard, therefore it was done in a way a blind monkey can complete it.

What about an expansion to the far east?
    Be real, how likely are you to care about content in the Far East if it isn't Abyssea style?

They have plenty to work with but they decide to put more men/women on a game that has far less subscribers than XI.
    Because XIV is their future, XI is the past. XI is well past its prime and lost a lot of people and will continue to do so, no company in their right mind would ignore something to have the potential to be their next cash cow. Why do you think the EQ team eventually made an EQ2?

Why do you think Blizzard eventually made WoW and SC II? They were perfectly content (in your logic) with keeping only SC, Diablo and DII and Warcraft 1 - 3 around since it had "more subscribers than WoW did initally (and probably still does.)
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    FFXI is pretty much done for and the only thing "ground breaking" about ToAU was they listened to cry babies about CoP being too hard, therefore it was done in a way a blind monkey can complete it.
    FFXI is only done for if the Dev team keeps pushing stupid crap content less than 1% of the population likes. And I would say Original Nzyul, Einherjar and Salvage were all pretty ground breaking and amazing, I dunno what you're talking about saying TOA was garbage. As far as 14 goes, I leveled all the jobs that matter to 36 to get the skills that are good, I got the good jobs to 50, I beat ifrit, moogles and darkhold, what else is there? Took me a month to beat FF14, how is it so amazing and super awesome? I mean, when they add jobs and AF quests, thats like 2 weeks of content at most, then its back to being lame and having nothing to do but spam ifrit 4 hours a day. FF14 IS SO FUN DAWG!
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    how is it so amazing and super awesome?
    I'm waiting to see where someone said this.

thats like 2 weeks of content at most
    Funny story, in FFXI if you start right at this moment in time, get your job(s) to 99, you can blow through every content in the game in under a week that doesn't have artifical lockouts.

I'll wait for you to point how this is different than "finishing content quickly in XIV." The only thing XI has is the content is repeatable for it's own reasons, just like you repeat Toto-Rak, Darkhold or Primals in XIV for their own reasons.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

FF14 is terrible, you are dealing with a lot of people that have played it and know what they are talking about. If it was good it would have a lot of players and it doesn't.

Peopel are really annoyed with how they are running XI into the ground but if XIV was in any way a step up you would not see that XI has 100-200k subscribers and is 10 years old and XIV is 2 years old and has not even 1/10th of that number..they are even having server merges now lol...even players that have both games installed and pay for them spend more time on XI (even in the state it's in now..). Please don't talk about ps3 launch or anything else, until it happens it's hot air.

Neither game is good right now and the upcoming titles are really going to test how loyal they think we are to the FF franchise when they feed us crap content like they have been..on both games.
    (0)

I'm waiting to see where someone said this.

Funny story, in FFXI if you start right at this moment in time, get your job(s) to 99, you can blow through every content in the game in under a week that doesn't have artifical lockouts.

I'll wait for you to point how this is different than "finishing content quickly in XIV." The only thing XI has is the content is repeatable for it's own reasons, just like you repeat Toto-Rak, Darkhold or Primals in XIV for their own reasons.
    You severely underestimate the amount of content in FFXI, especially when taken from scratch. The problem isn't lack of content at endgame. It's lack of content with rewards that matter.

95% of the game sits around unused and forgotten because it's generally considered a waste of time to mess with. I'm not even talking about bloody exp either, screw exp. I mean straight up content, quests, events, battlefields, none of them get used and many players don't even know they exist.

Also: PS2 limitations exist. Arcon is still correct in saying that PS2 limitations don't limit the particular things pointed out in the OP. Broad, sweeping statements are bad, mmkay.
    (11)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    All of the accessible and meaningfully rewarding content.

If you get into stuff like non-reward-giving quests, content with outdated or incomprehensible rewards, and content that seems designed to drive people away rather than pull people in; there's a HUGE amount of content in FFXI.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    All of the accessible and meaningfully rewarding content.

If you get into stuff like non-reward-giving quests, content with outdated or incomprehensible rewards, and content that seems designed to drive people away rather than pull people in; there's a HUGE amount of content in FFXI.
    The best is the content with rewards that are outdated upon release.

Balance!
    (5)

I will have my revenge!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast