Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ruvion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    500ish Chakra's are feesable outside of abyssea. Currently I get around 425hp and I know there's room for improvement. You need 139VIT to hit 500 with the AF and Relic pieces, but pushing it past that point will be difficult since your out two slots for the modifiers. The most ideal setup would likely be...

Terrasoul Ring x2 = 14 VIT
    Terra's Earring x2 or Terra's + Eta's Earring = 6
    Genbu's Kabuto = 15
    Temple Cyclas/+1 = 3/6 3x Modifier
    Melee Gloves/+1 = x.6 Modifier
    Marine M Boots/Creek M Clomps = 2/4 (No options for feet sides RSE)
    Kensei Sitabaki = 5
    Melee Cape = 5
    Warwolf Belt = 5
    Fortitude Torque = 5

Total = 58-65

Without figuring racial modifiers, monks have a base VIT at least around 80 which barely pushes the needed 139VIT with the gear mentioned. However the new level caps should allow abit more flexability with the increased base VIT at 99.
    You can get up to vit+3 on kokugetsu sune-ate from the 5th place dominion trophies. Just need alot or to get lucky. I get about 500 chakra outside abys and inside I can push it close to 1k, depending on sub and atmas. Also make sure to go 4/5 or 5/5 on invigorate merits; the regen adds up.
    (0)

Character
    Tekkenooo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I do no why all forgot Invigorite that give you regen II after Chakra... is hp no ? so make a little correction. you got regen II for more the 2 min so you need only wait for -3 min for recast Chakra... i do no how many hp you got on your mnk, but 10 hp/tick help muck on surviavial rulez
    (0)

3. 03-23-2011 11:11 PM

Character
    Gaiben
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FioryGriever View Post
    \ or at the least not for every 5 min, and Invigorate iirc doesnt stack w/ regen
    Yes normal regen spell will overwrite invigorate, which I have had that issue myself often. Its the same issue with milks. I guess SE just doesn't want them all to stack and us getting something like a 100+/tic healing. Granted with the stupid amounts of HP MNK gets, it would be nice. That or actually getting auto-regen.

Also I as mostly disappointed in the fact that the AF3 gear didn't enhance chakra. I was hoping that it would correlate the same way the Artifact and Relic gear did so that you could have the 3 part macro set. This doesn't just apply to chakra there other job abilities that were built up through a piece from both Artifact and Relic that would have been nice to have had a third piece to build with, but chakra is one of my favorite job abilities.
    (0)

Chakra 2 is LONG OVERWAITED. I'm a Galka and in Abyssea I need as much healing as I can get seeing as how I am almost always the tank. I have fully merited Invigorate and no matter what it never seems to be enough. I also think it would be a good idea for Chakra 2 to lift you're max HP kind of like what Drain 2 does for Drks'.

Anyway, thats my opinion
    (0)
    Last edited by Xaveron; 03-25-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford

Only problem with a 2nd Chakra is its a little much and might upset the game mechanics more than it already is. I can solo /nin, use Chakra, and keep on soloing til its up again without resting most of the time, with two Chakra's you could probably solo more NM's without going /DNC for healing. I know Chakra can fall short sometimes when fighting something that can do over 1k damage to you, but your usually being cured constantly in those situations using Chakra only when your severly low or the healers run out of mp. Which usually grants you more than enough time, for the recast to be up again.

Anyways, I think a more acceptable idea would be to decrease the recast timer on Chakra (which you can do up to 50seconds off with merits). If they did such a thing and reduced the timer to say 3minutes, stacked with merits it would be a 2min 10sec recast which is more than doubles our self-healing capacity and adds a slight bit of balance by forcing us to sacrifice kick or counter merits for chakra.

However, I prefer a more realistic and game-balanced approach. I prefer SE insead gives us a JA that increases the VIT modifier by a small but noticeable amount. I'd say between .5-1.0 which is not huge, but it gives you a few hundred more hp on the initial heal.

Alternatively, with the rumored Tier 3 merits SE had spoke about they could turn it into a merit category, which increases the VIT modifier by .1 or .2 for every merit.
    (0)

Player
    @ Swords: ya i was kinda getting @ that, I don't even really care if we get Chakra II per say only that we could get something to enhance it and perhaps decrease its timer cuz 5 min is a lil brutal @ times... perhaps like you had mentioned w/ merits they could just make it 30 seconds per merit, drop it down to a 2:30 JA(or simply reduce the JA to 3 min and dont mess w/ merits lol).. and for Tier III merits i liked ur VIT idea. Lastly idk how hard it'd be to do, but make Invigorate's Regen Effect play out more like Auto Regen so that you can still get Regen cast on you.
    (0)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    They could give MNK a job trait at like Lv90~95 that adjusts the Chakra formula another bump, like adding a third AF body?

This way your Chakra does more without too much game-breaky like a second timer
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Eital View Post
    You forgot Dancer, lol.
    And DRK. looool
    Quote Originally Posted by Denabond View Post
    You would be surprised with the amount of dmg DNC can do when its not focused on healing a group of ppl. Sure its not Huge spikes like when a thf SATAs, but they can still DD decently.
    Edit: Its worth mentioning that before lvl 80, it was possible for dnc to self SC IF they didnt have to heal even as /nin.
    I hate how people discredit DNCs as DDs, in Abyssea, they're pretty spectacular. They can nearly hit delay cap by themsleves.
    (0)

Player
    @ Orenwald - Ya, I was a lil' bit upset that we didnt get a new Chakra piece, coulda gone on the nearly useless earring or something >.> or neck piece, someone should suggest that to the Devs lmao~
    (0)

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I dunno. I use Chakra more for getting rid of status effects. It's not much of a reliable heal given the cooldown.
    (0)
    You are staring at this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast