Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Letter to SE's Development Team: Tanaka I hope you read this

Dear SE,

I write this letter with a heavy heart asking what have you done to our favorite MMO these last few years. Since Abyssea (awesome expansions for leveling and gear that came out of it) there have been no expansions, content that just involves popping an NM with HORRIBLE drop rates which have become better known as time sinks. We have asked repeatedly for more story lines, more content. This most recent update has left many of us wondering what exactly you are trying to do. Obviously the development team has no intentions of true content, but instead focusing their attention on reviving old content which in reality has become dead to a majority of us. Your own development team continues to ignore what we as a player base want, and continue to follow their own demented ideas. Prime example of this, the relics/emp/mythic topics (they have been a hot topic since you failed to implement them in December update), then when word got out what you were planning, the entire community went absolutely crazy. Many topics were created by many players expressing their concerns, ideas to fix the problem, but were ignored. We wanted actual kills (which would not be that bad even with 20). You even went as far as deleting a couple of the topics, only to restore again when you saw how upset we as a community became. Again you disappointed us.

Legion: That was the talk of the town for a while, had test server events, got us all excited, and pull the it is not ready yet. So this past update we got 3 new sets of gear. Nyzul isle revamped (old content) that are so random that we have to pray we get a certain floor. Again you disappoint us.

In closing, your player base will continue to decline because you fail to provide us with the content we desire.

Sincerely,
    /Unc
    (57)
    Last edited by Unctgtg; 02-15-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    the r/m/e stuff i could live with even if i felt it was dumb.

but the way n. isle was added put me a step closer to quitting tho really the only reason i still play is cause my friends still play the game.

funny cause if you made the content easy or relative to abyssea like say giving us an hour to reach 100 in the new nyzul isle i may of tryed FFXIV after FFXI died but i pretty much decided afer the r/m/e/adl stuff not to even bother with it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 02-15-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Are you sure you want Tanaka to read this,right? Who in the world is "Tanka"??
    (2)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Player
    That's Mama Tanaka to you, Mario.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    wasn't tanka an native american wwf wrestler back in the day?
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Jesus Christ. Delusions of grandeur much?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these sorts of "open letters to Square Enix" have been written since the inception of the game. People get frustrated with the game and make grandiose and melodramatic "I quit and your game is doomed!" posts. Then they assume that they have some sort of leverage to blackmail the development team into acceding to their every demand by pretending that they alone are keeping the game afloat.

Every year.

All the time.

Since at least 2005.

And yet, we're still here.

You guys are like failed Doomsday prophets.
    (16)

As i Explained at some point before...

Theres nothing we can do. Literally. This late in the game, SE is doing what they think will net them the most money. They're banking on the idea we're pretty much Addicted to FFXI like an Old Gambler (compliments of GG), They bank that we'll keep doing these events with the idea we'll eventually be rewarded.

They are, for all intents and purposes, Banking on the idea we're so addicted to FFXI We won't quit no matter how insane their new content is. No matter how ludicrous and luck based it is. No matter how badly implemented it is, or no matter how blatantly obvious it is that the content being released is designed to keep us enraged/doing it for long periods of time, based simply around dumb-luck systems, Random-Number-generators, and 1% Drop rates.

But the problem is, Even if we call them on this, and cancel our accounts for the bullshit? They'll probably just drop the game instead of putting in the effort to turn it around or actually listen to their customers.

Really am disappointed in the direction this game is taking. They're making all the same mistakes they made with FFXIV's release. Ignoring all feedback, and doing whatever the fuck they want. This company doesn't learn, and they seriously need to take a good hard look at the common factor between both failures.

We all know who it is.

Regardless, They're either too stupid or too proud to admit their mistakes.. Surprise surprise.. Whatever the outcome, I know Come March this account will be deactivated. Even if it does nothing, If this game is going to continue to be nothing but a broom-rape of ass-backwards content designed to be more work and frustration than Fun and Enjoyment? its time to move on with my life, Hell, Its time to move on with our lives.

There are plenty of new MMOs coming out that might actually be FUN to play, theres single player games that you'll enjoy for long periods to come. But really, Its about time to abandon ship. The Titanic is sinking, and The captain(hint: SE) just looks down at us, and throws us a Raft with a leak in it every couple days, just to keep us afloat long enough to not get hypothermia and die.

Done with the frustration of this game. Nothing about it is fun anymore. No longer asking the Evil Genie to grant me any more wishes. You all should follow suit if you're not having fun anymore. 9 years later and its clear they won't listen to us. The only glimmer of hope was Abyssea, Which they promptly decided to "fuck that" and move back to Old school time sinks with artificial challenge.
    (50)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-15-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Player
    We should all knock on Tanaka's door and inform him of the 'good news' then.

But knowing Tanaka just getting to his front door involves rolling dice, no less than 3 JP midnights, a roulette wheel, a pair of scales, jumper cables, a ham sandwich and a Frisbee.
    (40)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    found him

(16)

Not gonna lie, at the moment I'm mainly still playing because most of my FFXI friends have such completely different tastes in games that none of us can pick a single new one to try. I like Star Trek Online, another friend likes TERA, another likes WoW, another likes SW:TOR. So instead of just playing one of those games with only one person, we all just reconvene on FFXI because it's the only online game we have in common.

Do you like Star Trek, Karb? D:
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast