Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Phalanx II (or Phalanx I with Accession) + 50% PDT = 0 damage taken from mandies.
    (0)

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Phalanx II (or Phalanx I with Accession) + 50% PDT = 0 damage taken from mandies.
    Haha, I didn't even consider that honestly. Gonna have to level up my mule's RDM now.
    (0)

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    So I have a question for skilling up guard. I'm lvl 20 atm (just lvl'ing another job) and my guard skill is at 6. Is there some better way to get it skilled up? Or is there a certain lvl I should be worrying about this?
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

One idea : 1 merit to gain 1 lvl skill
    (0)
    See you, Space Cowboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Anathiel View Post
    So I have a question for skilling up guard. I'm lvl 20 atm (just lvl'ing another job) and my guard skill is at 6. Is there some better way to get it skilled up? Or is there a certain lvl I should be worrying about this?
    Don't worry about Guard at all. It's a fairly useless skill, even at Cap, and people only level it after they're 90 for the blue number.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

If gear is all about the blue box shouldn't skill be all about the blue numbers? maybe it's just my ACDDDO

(that's ADD + OCD with the letters in the order they should be) <.<

Yeah, I've been trying to get Guard and Parry up there to the blue numbers even though they don't proc much when capped.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

so my guarding with full merits is 203 only right now, i was 170 yesterday.
    read some of the comments and even though they say i'm too low for abyssea, i went anyways,
    equipped my guard + equip and gave me 51 extra skills to 221, got me regen + def + vit atmas
    at least 50 hp/tick regen, 50 vit and 40 def + other normal stuff, dual boxed with my friend's rdm
    subbed war for defender and agrressor (reduce evasion), got Phalanx II, Protect V and Regen II on me
    and finally ate def food Taco to reach to 750 DEF.
    went to altepa, pulled 15 mandy at the same time, and found a nice curvature where i could land them all front of me.
    5 skill ups every 30 minutes. it takes almost 30 minutes to kill 10 out of 15 of the mandies front of you from all the counter hits then its just not worth it skilling up with only 5 mandies.. So kill them all.., recast protect V and get another Taco, and redo. 3 Hours later, I have 203 skill now..
    i'd say 10 skills per hour is pretty good. without the kupower as well, however I'm not sure if kupowers work in abyssea or not, anyone?

although, i did notice a loooooot of guard animations, though very little skill ups *compared to how much i guarded* is this normal or does it relate to my low guard skill level?
    anyways i just wanted to share
    (1)

In regards to the difficulty in earning Guard/Parry skill ups, the dev. team mentioned that they are considering adjustments for those in a Q&A posted in February.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    I'm referring specifically to guard and parrying skills here. While skilling up staff and club, I have noticed a small difference, it's now faster to get skill points, but has anyone noticed a difference in guard?

The reason I ask, is I was in TBT skilling up my guard since the update, and never gained 1 level in an hour and a half, before the update I would have got the level.

But something wierd occured while travelling through kuftal tunnel last week, while killing a single spider, I managed to get 2x 0.4 guard skill points... yes on the very same spider.

So, in relatoin to getting guard skill capped, have they made things worse or better? Yes the 0.8 on 1 lower level spider was nice, but how much have they changed the mob level:skill level ratio, or was it a fluke? And what level mobs should we be aiming for now?
    there is an increase in guard and parry skill-ups, too. When I started the game with 0 parry skill I was on a 13 RL year cycle to hit cap, based on the rate I was receiving skill-up. It has been reduced to a 3 RL year pace. Guard is similar, but a bit faster if you are tanking.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to the difficulty in earning Guard/Parry skill ups, the dev. team mentioned that they are considering adjustments for those in a Q&A posted in February.
    could you perchance ask them to consider this one a bit faster? the skill-up system for these defensive skills has been broken since the very 1st copy of the game was sold.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast