Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The best way to land para on a mob is probably to use frost armor on someone who's getting hit, TBH. As for M. Acc from skill, I have no idea what the figure is, but it would have to be at best 2 skill to 1 M. Acc, and probably less.

The reason I suggested M. Acc gear over Summoning magic Skill gear is that there's not a great deal of pet/avatar M. Acc gear about, so I figure that if you put in the few pieces that there are, you can then probably still get 500 skill, which is quite likely to be a hard cap anyway.
    (2)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarian View Post
    Ok that makes sense, but then can shock squall miss? It seems to land on some NM's fairly easily until it builds a stun resistance, but some others some of the debuffs just won't land. Is the only way to increase the chances of those landing massing summoning skill? Would avatar magic accuracy work? Both? Is there no way to increase the chances of landing those debuffs on NM's?
    Shock Squall can in fact miss. Diabolos Mega Boss in Dynamis - Tavnazia evades Shock Squall fairly often (it can still land on him occasionally though, but it's not a built up stun resistance. It can be the only stun and miss several times in a row from the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarian View Post
    Paralyze for example, however, will stick with a small to moderate percentage rate with thunderstorm.
    I think you mean Thunderspark.

Anyways... magic accuracy has changed on Summoner. It used to be the base rate and then skill over the cap was additional accuracy, but it is now just raw skill. It's quite possible that, with capped skill, you are at the same value as before. It's quite possible they changed it. I am not sure if anyone knows. (If for instance at 276 skill [the cap] + 24 skill at 75 gave 300 accuracy, 100 skill at 75 gave 276 accuracy -> the change -> 276 +24 skill is still 300 accuracy, 100 skill is now 100 accuracy. Or they changed the numbers entirely, not sure).

As far as magic accuracy vs. summoning skill now goes, I imagine there is a difference (or perhaps the same) but I don't know that anyone has ever done conclusive testing to see which is better. I'd generally say if one is substantially larger than the other (e.g. Delve staff vs. Augmented Kirin's/Bahamut's/Augmented Mythic Pole/Soul Scourge) you should probably go with that.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2