Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74

iOS/WP7/Android authenticator?

Hey devs,

Any chance of us getting authenticators for our mobile phones please?
    I've returned to the game from some other MMOs I was playing for a while and wow, mobile authenticators really make it a lot less inconvenient than running around my apartment trying to find my keys! lol

What do you other guys think?
    (18)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Blizzard uses the same brand of authenticator that SE does (VASCO Digipass Go 6), and they have a mobile app. I do think it's something they should offer, and I would think they could use the same app for XI and XIV. XIV, being a modern MMO from a big name publisher, should definitely have this feature.
    (3)

Character
    Erics
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I approve of this.
    (0)

Player
    I demand a port to the TI-83/84+ series while we're at it.
    (4)

I was really happy when we got the authenticators to protect our accounts. I was always paranoid about losing my account before this point and was really really happy to see them protect us in the way they did, what they offer now is already more than enough imo.

keep in mind just cause wow does soemthing doesnt mean every other mmo will. Wow has 10 mill+ subscribers, no other mmo even comes close to the revenue they bring in. If they offer something that only 2% of their playerbase wants to use that's still a massive number of players, 2% of any other MMO would be a waste of time.
    (0)

Character
    Shipp
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I was really happy when we got the authenticators to protect our accounts. I was always paranoid about losing my account before this point and was really really happy to see them protect us in the way they did, what they offer now is already more than enough imo.

keep in mind just cause wow does soemthing doesnt mean every other mmo will. Wow has 10 mill+ subscribers, no other mmo even comes close to the revenue they bring in. If they offer something that only 2% of their playerbase wants to use that's still a massive number of players, 2% of any other MMO would be a waste of time.
    Rift, SWTOR, and I'm sure other MMOs also offer mobile phone Apps. This is something SE needs to do, but SE loves gouging people for things that should be free, so I don't expect them to do a Mobile App unless they charge $5 for it.
    (0)

SE isn't going to spend the money on a cell phone application for a game that has maybe 100k subscribers it just cost them more money. Just look how little content we are getting in updates. You think they want to spend the money for a security company to develop a new application ?
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE isn't going to spend the money on a cell phone application for a game that has maybe 100k subscribers it just cost them more money. Just look how little content we are getting in updates. You think they want to spend the money for a security company to develop a new application ?
    Yes, because the app is not for FFXI. It is for your SE account, which is used for a myriad of other things besides signing into FFXI, and effects millions of customers.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    They have interest in doing a smart phone app for XIV 2.0, so it's not too much of a stretch to think they could do an authenticator app for them also to cover SE Accounts.
    (0)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Well what would happen if you wiped your mobile device or deleted the mobile authentication app before unlinking it from your account? Normally you call tech support... well that's a problem with this company...
    (2)
    Last edited by Laraul; 02-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast