Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Well what would happen if you wiped your mobile device or deleted the mobile authentication app before unlinking it from your account? Normally you call tech support... well that's a problem with this company...
    lol that's for sure
    (0)

Character
    Novadracon
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    I agree with a mobile authenticator for SE. Plus i do use the Blizzard Auth on my Android it works great i've had it for 8.5 months and it doesn't make have to carry (or remember that i have to grab my keyfob when logging in to WoW) something that has a finite battery life.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They have interest in doing a smart phone app for XIV 2.0, so it's not too much of a stretch to think they could do an authenticator app for them also to cover SE Accounts.
    It is always a stretch to assume that something being done for FFXIV (or FFXIV v2.0) is somehow going to be considered for FFXI. SE is not known for making backwards-compatible products.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Except that in this case, you log on with the same account. You would have to go out of your way to make a phone-authenticator work with SE accounts when logging in to FF14, but not work on SE accounts when you log in to FF11.
    (3)

Player
    I do totally agree with this idea ^_^b

SE please make it happen!!
    (2)

Character
    Danlmer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Necro post: Now that SE supports the Win 10 authenticator and Google authenticator for mobile, I'd like to see that extended to an app which supports both mobile and desktop, such as Authy.
    (0)

Nuts to that, I still want an app for WP7.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I was really happy when we got the authenticators to protect our accounts. I was always paranoid about losing my account before this point and was really really happy to see them protect us in the way they did, what they offer now is already more than enough imo.

keep in mind just cause wow does soemthing doesnt mean every other mmo will. Wow has 10 mill+ subscribers, no other mmo even comes close to the revenue they bring in. If they offer something that only 2% of their playerbase wants to use that's still a massive number of players, 2% of any other MMO would be a waste of time.
    off topic but now xiv has more subscribers then wow
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2