Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    6) I agree changing the proc system may help. At least if ws and magic procs were more frequent then people would have more options.
    This. Maybe move from 5->10% proc rate and likely you would have a greater variety of jobs in dynamis. One question since I've not seen a bard in dyna, does a song count as magic for procing?
    (2)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yes bard does count for magic procs. From what I've seen its the only job that can magic proc easily since it can spam songs on the enemy without waking them up. Very first Dyna run (yea that new >_>; ) had a BRD and we basically had him sleep the mages and he'd tell us when he was done to go in for the kill.

Note: I dont know much about BRD so I'm unsure what exact songs he used but he was able to lullaby and spam shit and not have them wake.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE could change claim mechanics so that a pet cant claim a mob if the master is engaged to something else. (Got this idea from BG-it is a good one)
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    SE could change claim mechanics so that a pet cant claim a mob if the master is engaged to something else. (Got this idea from BG-it is a good one)
    That's like the absolutely WORST idea even. You clearly dont know how SMN and BST works and why we're the best at dealing with links/adds that cannot be slept (or dont have sleeper).

Like many already said, it's not BST only that can hold more than 1 mobs. Many other NON-pet job can do the same thing.

People need to just wake up and realized that there are crappy ppl in real life and some of these same crappy ppl exists in this game. And as such, learned how to deal with them (or ignore them).
    (3)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm a BST since level 1 and well before the new dynamis.
    I also do a lot of dynamis solo and with the linkshell and friends.

As far as fighting muiltipile mobs, there link like mad, so yes I can be expected to fight more than one at a time offten.
    Also TH as very little effect in dynamis on coins.
    Its the staggering that gives up to 3 coins, while TH gives that extra one, which is still low.
    If I go in with a thf pet, TH is the lest important reason for having it out.
    The main reason is high evasion and triple attack.

I like others hate it when you get a small group of ppl pulling all the mob of the same type, rather than going on a few at a time, making it harder for me to farm.

But that's how it is, were ever there is tons of gil to be made easy, there will always be a large group of ppl cashing in on it.
    (4)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Give BST skills! Make it along the line of PUP or SMN. Atm bst seems like the only job you can shoot to 99 that requires 0 skill to play, it just takes gil and sometimes if you care pet gear. See a lot of people lvling 4 or 5 mules all on bst, its getting out of hand.

People that like and care for this job shouldn't have a prob skilling it up to make it shine, i say get rid of the easy button SE.
    It takes skills to play bst, you think that you just buy jugs and throw pet food at your pet?
    a skilled bst can handle linkage know how to fight stronger mobs and how to pull.

I've been soloing on bst well before abyssaa came out.
    And I can tell you that there is a big difference between a bst that spammed his way to lvl 99 and them that levelled it up the normal way or old skool way.
    (2)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerbasher View Post
    It takes skills to play bst, you think that you just buy jugs and throw pet food at your pet?
    a skilled bst can handle linkage know how to fight stronger mobs and how to pull.

I've been soloing on bst well before abyssaa came out.
    And I can tell you that there is a big difference between a bst that spammed his way to lvl 99 and them that levelled it up the normal way or old skool way.
    He's talking about an actual skill attribute in regards to your pet and/or Charm. As in a PUP has to level auto's melee/magic skills, and a SMN has to level it's Summoning Magic skill. As it is now, the only thing affecting the power of your pet and your ability to Charm/Bind mobs is your current level, merits, and gear choice. So basically, you just aby-burn, farm/magian gears, and throw gil at it.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 02-13-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbear View Post
    The monopolization of Dynamis zones by Beastmasters has gotten out of hand. Beastmasters have become extremely rude and carry themselves with a sense of entitlement in Dynamis zones. The gathering of all the monsters in the zone and sense that this is their right and elitism is horrible. Everywhere you go and in every zone, there are multiple BSTs claiming all the monsters and with several unclaimed, but partly damaged mobs with no hate on them.
    Everywhere you go in every zone, eh? So there's 10 zones of Dynamis, and hundreds of enemies in each of those 10 zones, and yet BSTs have all of it on complete lockdown so that you can't make as much profit in Dynamis as they can unless you steal from them? I've had a bst/rdm in Tav come all the way from farming nightmare makaras through all the taurii and up to clusters to raise my sorry ass when I screwed up and died without RR, but I'm not on the forums making a post that ALL beastmasters are saints because ONE beastmaster was a cool guy to me. That would be an unfair generalization for me to make. Just like the unfair generalization you're making.
    (7)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I try not to hate on bst in dynamis, I really do. I know it's all about the player and not the job. But I have to admit it drives me insane how some bsts will attack one mob, leave their pet on it, and grab another mob. I don't mind so much if there's barely any competition, but if there is, I see that as pretty greedy. I'm from Asura like the OP of this thread, and in my experience the bst plague (sorry ; ; ) in dynamis is pretty widespread here. And weirdly enough, it seems to me that a lot of them are both exceedingly greedy and rude.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Fiddle
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Crawlerbasher, I understand that it takes skill to play the job, I am also a career bst (bst and pup only jobs until abyssea). Still have charm, tame, sic on my bst macros. It is not the few remaining old school bst that is getting the job nerfed. Its the people that lvl the job for dynamis farming only, i know a few that did just that.

lvl 99 pup that got plvled from 30. Puppet would be able to cast a couple cure III's and maybe a blizzard. With the new skill = attachment effectiveness your pet would be a complete joke until you skilled it.

the dmg potential of a smn capped or over capped on skills would far exceed a smn that just went from 30 to 99 overnight

drg is a powerhouse in its own right even with a dead pet, but it takes skills to get to that point. They are not as pet dependent as the other 3 jobs

Now bst can go from 30 to 99 and have a 100% full strength, fully functional pet. It takes 0 gear or be job savy to destroy mobs in dynamis. I was just suggesting to give bst some type of skill before this job gets gimped big time from the people that are abusing it. I know and see people that have lvled this job just for the dynamis farming potential only.
    (3)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast