Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cinnabbon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Monopolization of Dynamis by BSTs

The monopolization of Dynamis zones by Beastmasters has gotten out of hand. Beastmasters have become extremely rude and carry themselves with a sense of entitlement in Dynamis zones. The gathering of all the monsters in the zone and sense that this is their right and elitism is horrible. Everywhere you go and in every zone, there are multiple BSTs claiming all the monsters and with several unclaimed, but partly damaged mobs with hate on them. When another player claims a mob, BSTs become disgruntled and give them attitude for doing so.

An example I can give is when I claimed an unclaimed monster next to a BST at what looked like full hp and only realized after claiming that it had been "red proc'd," to which the BST exchanged the following words: "F- yourself n-word." This is completely inappropriate behavior and has gone too far.

This entire process takes away from the ability of other players to enjoy the Dynamis event and to participate in the event at all when they are unable to claim monsters.

I propose that something (more than just the downgrade in TH to TH1 mentioned in the upcoming updates) be done to make Dynamis more equitable and fun for ALL players on FFXI.

Some suggestions to fix this process would be:
    1) To limit the number of players who are able to enter each zone, setting a cap in each zone dependent on the size of the zone.
    2) To take away treasure hunter effects from pets entirely, leaving TH to be a unique ability to the Thief and RNG job class.
    3) To change the way the system works so that one person cannot hold hate on more than one monster at a time.
    (9)

Player
    First, I feel I need to get this out of the way:

Second, "type racist insult" is in no way a Beastmaster job ability. If it were, I feel more people would have the job leveled because the internet is where crude insults live.

Third, ultimately yellow stuff is yellow. People have every right to fight multiple monsters. People have every right to wait for a monster's name to turn yellow due to another monster being engaged and then grab it. People can either be nasty about both of these things or people can be courteous.

Obviously, that individual was very nasty about it. The right thing to do is to keep killing everything he allows to turn yellow and make that individual miserable, not to make a forum post suggesting that the job Beastmaster gains the trait "Racism" at the same levels as "Stout Servant". Because that's really, really, really stupid.
    (30)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I dont agree with 1) and 2) but I agree with 3)
    one player should not be able to hold like 5 or 6 mob at a time but only 1

by the way, if you claim a "yellow" mob, you in your right, Unclaimed mobs is not a property of someone even already proc'ed or damaged, unclaim is unclaim, SE rules
    (2)
    Last edited by Hercule; 02-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wait until pet TH is nerfed and their drops dry up. Dynamis without a decent TH sucks.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Wait until pet TH is nerfed and their drops dry up. Dynamis without a decent TH sucks.
    It will barely drop. The biggest increase was and will forever be triggers, NOT TH. Yes it helps a bit, but TH1 will do that perfectly fine.

Nothing will change.

---

On to the OP:

This is NOT anything new, WAR's and BLU's do this in Abyssea zones with Fell Cleave burns and Charged Whisker burns, even BLM, DNC and PLD also do this.

As long as this game has been around people that play it claim rights to anything and everything, hello 32+ people claim botting land gods, or even plain old NM's such as the low level MNK SAM NIN gloves in Oztroja NM.

People need to stop pretending BST's are the only job to feign elitism or control of an area, ESPECIALLY a level 75 zone/battlefield no one even cared for before the Dynamis Reborn nonsense.
    (13)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-11-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbear View Post
    The monopolization of Dynamis zones by Beastmasters has gotten out of hand. Beastmasters have become extremely rude and carry themselves with a sense of entitlement in Dynamis zones. The gathering of all the monsters in the zone and sense that this is their right and elitism is horrible. Everywhere you go and in every zone, there are multiple BSTs claiming all the monsters and with several unclaimed, but partly damaged mobs with hate on them. When another player claims a mob, BSTs become disgruntled and give them attitude for doing so.

An example I can give is when I claimed an unclaimed monster next to a BST at what looked like full hp and only realized after claiming that it had been "red proc'd," to which the BST exchanged the following words: "F- yourself n-word." This is completely inappropriate behavior and has gone too far.

A few people are jerks (including you) so therefore wholesale changes must be made to an event and the game as a whole so your feelings aren't hurt anymore and you get the mobs that you are entitled to but no one else is. Got it.
    (6)
    Last edited by Camiie; 02-12-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Square are currently nerfing and generally lowering the strength of players, I doubt they will leave beast as strong as it is right now for very long. Bst used to be a very weak job and I can't see them leaving called pets this strong for much longer.
    (2)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    They need to un-nerf AoE WS procs. Dynamis was very well balanced before.
    (7)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Fiddle
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Give BST skills! Make it along the line of PUP or SMN. Atm bst seems like the only job you can shoot to 99 that requires 0 skill to play, it just takes gil and sometimes if you care pet gear. See a lot of people lvling 4 or 5 mules all on bst, its getting out of hand.

People that like and care for this job shouldn't have a prob skilling it up to make it shine, i say get rid of the easy button SE.
    (4)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    While this self indulging crap is no way bst exclusive, It is very common now among bst's in dyna. Their is no more claiming a mob, rather they try to claim the whole camp area. And feel once they are there, no-one should be allowed to come near them.

Now i get the reason and desire to do such a thing. Everyone wants to max out the usefulness of their time spent. And its also one thing if their is plenty of open room and a person is camping on top of you just be a bastard. But as everyone knows, dyna zones are pretty crowded with solo/duo/trio groups anymore. Their are only so many camps available before it becomes inevitable where a person has to be at the same camp as someone else. Its those ppl that get an attitude over it that are problematic. And many of them get quite graphic in their vocalization over their displeasure. They are the ones that should be dealt with. Id say turn em in, but usually the GM's (or whoever) don't feel like doing anything about.. anything.
    (3)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast