Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You're all forgetting that taking up more of our inventory space = game balance.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    You're all forgetting that taking up more of our inventory space = game balance.
    Not forgetting. I think the concerns would be more about crafting supply/demand.
    to stack it to 99 would greatly affect this. You would have to adjust the recipe yeild amounts and then you would *probably* be over supplied.

its too much trouble to even work out how to make it work imo. I don't think its problem to craft/buy petfood at current market.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Not forgetting. I think the concerns would be more about crafting supply/demand.
    to stack it to 99 would greatly affect this. You would have to adjust the recipe yeild amounts and then you would *probably* be over supplied.

its too much trouble to even work out how to make it work imo. I don't think its problem to craft/buy petfood at current market.
    They didn't with bait. It was upped to 99 but the craft still only created 12. The only true problem with this is the AH as it'd mess with the prices. At the moment Zeta is selling on Phoenix 20k a stack, they'd need to start selling them at possible 160~180 a stack instead and the again it'll probably end up like crystals/clusters and they drop hugely because of it.

Higher stacks means less need to buy consistently (people will be buying 99 once a month as opposed to once a week) and less AH Space/Inventory space for people to make them and sell them.

So the AH literally is the main thing effected.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    It would mean there is no trade off to carry what is effectively unlimited curing for your pet. IF pet food still cured too little (as in before the petfood adjustment when zeta's cured only about 700 w/ an awesome reward set) then the argument would have more merit.
    Also it would require adjustments to the synthesis itself. IF you are synthesizing 4~6 biscuits w/ each synth, thats alot of repetition to get it up to 99. If you switched it to 33/each, then its a huge adjustment in the cost/benefit of pet food.

How would this really affect gameplay? it would make it easier and more boring to solo stuff on bst. you could literally have a script to just look when pet hp is low, and use another pet food and you afk solo tons of junk.
    The reward timer is the restriction on how often you can reward, there shouldn't be two restrictuons in place. This is the huge problem for BST and SMN already with their Blood Pacts and Fight abilities (SMN with the Delay and MP cost) (BST with the needless delay on the Fight command and the restriction on needing TP)

I craft my own food and I'd be perfectly fine if they left it at the numbers it is already when you craft them.

That's called a bot and they already exist.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 05-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thanx, I'm perfectly aware what bots are.

Bait significantly differs from pet food in the frequency of use. Someone actively fishing will blow thru bait alot faster than a bst using pet food.

Yeah, you're right it would mainly just mess up the ah for saving 1 or 2 inventory slots. If I were a developer, I would say its completely not worth it.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I wouldn't.

I'd up the stack to 99 and leave the AH stack at 12.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I wouldn't.

I'd up the stack to 99 and leave the AH stack at 12.
    ahh, that would actually work just fine.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Mavrick
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well they could create a Cluster-like recipe like they did for crystals.
    IE Fire Cluster x1 = Fire Crystal x12
    they could have Beta Sac x1 = Pet Food Beta x12
    There would be no need to change pet food recipes or the way they stack. However Sacx12 would be equivalent to 144 pet food in 1 slot. Since Reward is limited by recast time this shouldn't be a problem but the developers have a very strange and twisted ideology when it comes to BST and balance.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    True, though I'd say Tin, to fit the biscuit theme.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2