Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Above
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

Question regarding salvage bans

If a player was banned during the salvage bannings and they then went on to create a new account, would this account be libel to be banned ?

I have a reason for asking and i will share that later.
    (1)

Doesn't it say when you are banned that you are not welcome to any online services the company creates or something?

If you were banned from this forum and made annother account to get around it do you not think they would ban you again, same deal.

I doubt they would go out of their way to hunt you down but in that situation you would probably be best keeping a low profile I'd guess. Oh and don't hold your breath, you won't get an official answer to this >.>
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by above View Post
    If a player was banned during the salvage bannings and they then went on to create a new account, would this account be libel to be banned ?

I have a reason for asking and i will share that later.
    If the newly made account has no ties(monetary, address, ect) to the banned one, i doubt it will get banned. Just keep your nose clean and you should be fine.

Shoot, i've read in the time since that round of bans, plenty of those guys came back with "new" accounts. And as long as they kept their playing within bounds, they met with no issues. Don't see why you would be any different.
    (1)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I wish now that salvage is completely worthless that some of these characters could be brought back to life. 2 year punishment is enough. I have several friends that would die to have their character back. :/
    (1)

I wish now that salvage is completely worthless that some of these characters could be brought back to life. 2 year punishment is enough. I have several friends that would die to have their character back. :/
    Why? they can remake these days and have better gear and all the clears/etc they had then in a matter of months.
    (2)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Why? they can remake these days and have better gear and all the clears/etc they had then in a matter of months.
    Most of them have remade and are 99 with better gear but you will always have and remember your first character.
    It's like your mmo baby.

You can remake all you want but everyone remembers and loves their first account. (unless the salvaged banned accounts were played from people who already lost their character before to being banned and that was their remake)

Salvage bans to some people were unfair I think. Sure they misused a bug in the game to their benefit in my mind and in alot of minds wasn't that bad. A: it was SE's own fault that it occurred and it wasn't like they were using third party tools. We could debate over this time and time again but in the end lets face it salvage bans was a dark time for SE. They should have handled it differently.

If this forum was around back then I can almost guarantee someone would have spilled the beans. Back then it wasn't this easy to get in contact with SE reps and GM's so that's another reason why it should have been handled differently...
    (2)
    Last edited by Zikon; 02-08-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They got what they deserved.

"I cheated but it wasn't as bad as the way that other guy cheated!"

Yea, right.
    (18)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    oh please that's not cheating....

you wanna see cheating go to any and every abyssea zone and look for ninja's in a party with only 1 whm... Duo boxing is cheating but everyone's fine with windower ability's... but the second someone finds and expliot in the game and uses the exploit to get around a horrible drop system SE created and SE doesnt monitor the zones its suddenly cheating....

I mean come on....

seriously...
    (3)
    Last edited by Zikon; 02-08-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Are you comparing duplicating drops en masse by exploiting broken game mechanics to dual boxing? Really?
    (22)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Are you comparing duplicating drops en masse by exploiting broken game mechanics to dual boxing? Really?
    Yeah I am........

Lets break it down

Salvage bans were created because it was an unfair advantage over regular players...

Windower abilitys give you an unfair advantage over regular players....

I'm not hating on either i'm just giving you an example of why salvage bans were unfair. They could have handed out suspensions to good well mannered adventurers that steered down the wrong path and taken the gear away. The players that had several strikes against their account already could have been banned (normal process for people with too many strikes) The entire thing was handled wrong..

My point is SE should revisit salvage bans and let some people back into the game after 2 years.

My other point is SE should revisit salvage bans and lift the curse off them (If the people who were banned by salvage are playing they shouldn't be punished again if they are good well mannered players)
    (3)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast