Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    I dual box and i have two seperate accounts with two seperate laptops.
    (3)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    unban them but delete all the gear and gil off the char.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcari View Post
    Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. Good times, thanks SNK!
    Niki was probably the most famous for falling harder then anyone who ever got banned. Hasn't shown his face anywhere on the internet since then or has long since made it a point to never let anyone know who he is now.

*Edit took some searching but I found this...

In November 2008, we discovered an issue that allowed players to create multiple items for certain treasures and rewards in areas such as Salvage and Assault by exploiting the game system.

The issue was fixed during emergency maintenance on November 26, 2008. However, we discovered that some players had already exploited the issue and used it to gain additional items before it was addressed. We then investigated more than a year's worth of logs throughout all areas.

As a result of the investigation, approximately 400 players were temporarily suspended based on the evidence gathered. Approximately 550 players who committed more serious misconduct had their accounts banned.

We are working hard to ensure that these kinds of issues do not occur again in FINAL FANTASY XI. However, if you discover any problems with the game system, please submit a GM call or fill out the feedback e-mail form to report the problems to us, instead of exploiting or spreading the issue.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
    The original LM-17 Thread...

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/68831-LM-17

The mass amount of QQing and predictions that FFXI was done after this is awesome.
    (4)

The mass amount of QQing and predictions that FFXI was done after this is awesome.
    Added to that, 2 years later not only was salvage gear made obsolete but gil made easier to obtain also. So they took massive risks for stuff that would be shortly outdated anyway

Having said that ofc Square did lull people into a false sense of security over this, inaction for years over botting etc and then the holy hammer of banning on this. It was like..."they won't do anything..lets spam this before they fix it" to "I don't believe they banned me, I had 3 relics! the game will be dead without me!" lol
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    unban them but delete all the gear and gil off the char.
    Obliterate those accounts so the player names become free again.
    (7)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Above
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Speaking of Nikki he hasn't quit infact he is still very vocal on various forums including this one he's just using a diffrent name.
    (0)

Speaking of Nikki he hasn't quit infact he is still very vocal on various forums including this one he's just using a diffrent name.
    Just goes to show, when people say "they won't ban people cause it will cost them money" it actually makes them more money. They just buy new codes and resub, win win.
    (3)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by above View Post
    Who is it then cuz I'm wondering how he's been considering he was probably the most humliated by that mass banning.
    (2)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    oh please that's not cheating....

you wanna see cheating go to any and every abyssea zone and look for ninja's in a party with only 1 whm... Duo boxing is cheating but everyone's fine with windower ability's... but the second someone finds and expliot in the game and uses the exploit to get around a horrible drop system SE created and SE doesnt monitor the zones its suddenly cheating....

I mean come on....

seriously...

Are you clinically retarded?
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6