Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reward

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    To be fair the BST set gives no real bonus to pets full-stop which is a shame.

Still need the previous 3 EP's equipment for any Pet: Stat+
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by swk View Post
    anyone concerned our Empyrean Set has nothing to boost reward.
    No, we can cap reward potency with other gear (to 50%) and Artifact and Relic bodies give us nice options for status removals.

To be fair the BST set gives no real bonus to pets full-stop which is a shame.
    I'm no sure what set you're looking at but there are 4/5 items that give direct boosts to pets in the set.
    Feet: Spur
    Legs: Stout Servant
    Hands: Sic/Ready
    Head: Monster Correlation
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 03-23-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Guess I was unclear, I should have said: Gives no real, stat upgrading bonus'
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Guess I was unclear, I should have said: Gives no real, stat upgrading bonus'
    Stout servant on the legs is extremely useful.
    AF3 hands and feet should be macro'd in for Ready/Sic and Spur respectively. The hands have been proven to provide a decent boost to Sic/Ready moves.

Honestly I'm pretty happy with the AF3 (apart from the body requiring +2 to start being useful to me). We have enough pet gear options out there at the moment and the stats for the master are very nice upgrades for most pieces.
    (0)

Atma shouldn't be in the discussion. There's a great big world outside Abyssea and I hope the 90-99 content will be out there; I want to get charming again. So yes, the lack of reward+ gear (and charm + for that matter) do worry me a good bit. Unlike alot of players, I hate macroing in gear changes all the time, I like my inventory to be about drops.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Atma shouldn't be in the discussion. There's a great big world outside Abyssea and I hope the 90-99 content will be out there; I want to get charming again. So yes, the lack of reward+ gear (and charm + for that matter) do worry me a good bit.
    You could cap reward potency before Abyss was even released. Why is it a problem that its not on AF3? It would have been quite bad design indeed for them to include something we already have. The same goes for Charm + gear too, even more so.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 03-23-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by swk View Post
    anyone concerned our Empyrean Set has nothing to boost reward.
    I'm more concerned that the empyrean dose jack for the pet and everything for the master.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 03-24-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    You could cap reward potency before Abyss was even released. Why is it a problem that its not on AF3? It would have been quite bad design indeed for them to include something we already have. The same goes for Charm + gear too, even more so.
    because if I'm out there 90+ I don't want to be in my relic (or even AF 1) with a light staff trying to charm! Also, the relic boost to reward is to remove a status ailment, merits have nothing to do with that. Seriously, if I need to go back to charming EM+ to level solo losing that I think +21 to charm is going to result in more mischarms, and in case you noticed you only consistently mischarm while in the middle of a fight, a very good way to make your recently earned XP into a "do over".

By the same token, yes Eta gives alot of HP back, it gives alot more with augmenting gear, and without Atmas or Shepards drinks (which are only available in Abyssea, Nyzul and Beseiged) it is the only means of healing my pet short of having him rest. In the middle of a fight that means I have to try to solo whatever straight up, not generally a good idea.

I'm not asking for anything to make me more powerful than I was pre-Abyssea, just AS powerful as I was before Abyssea, relative to my level.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Seriously, if I need to go back to charming EM+ to level solo losing that I think +21 to charm is going to result in more mischarms
    Charm+ only effects duration, not success rate.

because if I'm out there 90+ I don't want to be in my relic (or even AF 1) with a light staff trying to charm!
    You need to be making some gear swap macro`s dude, there is enough gear out there like you`re describing to sink a boat. If you`re not willing to do that it`s like complaining that a car doesn`t work, which you never put any gas into.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    You need to be making some gear swap macro`s dude, there is enough gear out there like you`re describing to sink a boat. If you`re not willing to do that it`s like complaining that a car doesn`t work, which you never put any gas into.
    I think you missed my point that I don't WANT to carry a steamer trunk full of gear around. I like a nice, utilitarian set of gear I can just go to town in and save my inventory slots for drops (a good beast is a farming machine while soloing). It's a little slower than thief (not as much as you would think considering my thf routinely has TH6+ on mobs), but the greater survivability of my self-duo against more difficult prey makes it balance out and I think my bst is more fun. I do some gear swaps when I have no choice, but for the most part I try to avoid them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast