Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    You're reading it wrong, plus it's a translation error.

Each point reduces the HP Penalty by 20% per point.
    I acknowledged this with the "however they seem to have noticed they've overlooked this".

Unless you eat Sushi that is complete BS on the tier6 mobs. (even with sushi people don't cap) With my gear (perfect for DRK) I don't always cap on Ig with Apoc,aggressor,SE and DE.
    dunno what to say =\ bad luck? You should def have a lot better acc than you say you have.

Anyways~ this update is still bad(especially in comparison to the other job's updates) and we should be given equal treatment.

That goes for the other jobs that are terribly neglected, SMN for example(probably the best example, and no, Cait Sith and Atomos are not Updates they are a deterrent of people's concerns because the core workings of SMN are what really need to be worked on, not a silly avatar(s) that's not going to be used).
    (0)
    Last edited by Saiken253; 02-05-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post

dunno what to say =\ bad luck? You should def have a lot better acc than you say you have.

Dozens are parses aren't bad luck. Most DDs fall around 70% ACC on him trying to eat RCB. People overestimate their hit rate and underestimate its effect on DPS all the time on tier6 VW. (and some upper lvl dynamis mobs as well) Abyssea is dead you are not auto capped on ACC anymore which is why DE is a great asset to any DRK.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    I rarely go into abyssea with my drk, sadly or not i'm not sure. and yes i know all too well about the affects of acc on dps. However, I haven't done T6 VW yet, simply because no one shouts for them on my server and the time that I do have I spend on making my relic/helping my LS. So if the scaling on the mobs from T5 to T6 is that big of a jump, i wouldn't know. But, if it's that big of a jump then DE needs to be improved further to make a reasonable difference. and I still hold by the fact that our update is complete crap, especially compared to the other jobs that have been listed recently by the reps.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Dozens are parses aren't bad luck. Most DDs fall around 70% ACC on him trying to eat RCB. People overestimate their hit rate and underestimate its effect on DPS all the time on tier6 VW. (and some upper lvl dynamis mobs as well) Abyssea is dead you are not auto capped on ACC anymore which is why DE is a great asset to any DRK.
    I can confirm this as well
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Unless you eat Sushi that is complete BS on the tier6 mobs. (even with sushi people don't cap) With my gear (perfect for DRK) I don't always cap on Ig with Apoc,aggressor,SE and DE.
    That is a matter of perspective depending on what mob and it's level. If you are so bold to claim that your gear set is the end all be all for everything then you are crazy.
    (3)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's possible to cap acc on Ocythoe w/ relic since i hit 90% hit rate w/out Adaman body/Diabolic eye (was using 90rag)

Either way the reason is still use my homam legs over the DA/TA or ace's is the acc and the fact i like the fast cast on em ^^
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscoffey View Post
    That is a matter of perspective depending on what mob and it's level. If you are so bold to claim that your gear set is the end all be all for everything then you are crazy.
    I don't use 1 set lol

I have multiple sets for just about everything, anyone thats seen me play on Cerb knows that. From fodder, to mid to high def. 5hit,6hit,acc,att,hp,pdt,mdt.dark magic, ele magic. The is one drop i'm missing and it won't do anything but save me 1 space of storage. Feel free to check my Equipment history on FFXIAH
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Howdy!

We will be adjusting Diabolic Eye once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    Diabolic Eye
    • Recast time will be reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    • Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead lessen the maximum HP down effect by 20% per point.
    The above adjustment was an attempt to make Soul Eater easier to use by reducing the amount of HP that was lowered. However, after actually testing this the attractiveness was not very strong, so we decided to change the effect when adding merit points to this ability.

Post-change effect

Diabolic Eye
    • Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead increase accuracy by +5 per point.

The idea behind this change is to enhance the original effect of Diabolic Eye.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy!

We will be adjusting Diabolic Eye once more.

The above adjustment was an attempt to make Soul Eater easier to use by reducing the amount of HP that was lowered. However, after actually testing this the attractiveness was not very strong, so we decided to change the effect when adding merit points to this ability.

Post-change effect

Diabolic Eye
    • Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead increase accuracy by +5 per point.

The idea behind this change is to enhance the original effect of Diabolic Eye.
    Bit stingy, I'd say at least +10
    (0)

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Bit stingy, I'd say at least +10
    I don't think it's stingy since Diabolic Eye gives you +20 acc at 1st. So Diabolic Eye 5/5 gives you acc+40.

Though, I don't think I'm gonna change my choice in this category.
    (2)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast